Shortcut to folders on sdcard

Can I save a shortcut to a folder I have on my sd card on my homepage?

If I understand your question correctly, then yes, you should be able to do that.

Long-press an empty spot on your home screen, then press Shortcut on the pop-up menu. When the "Select shortcut" menu pops up, scroll to whatever you use to manage your files (e.g., Astro) and press it. Scroll to the folder you want and long-press it. A window will pop up giving you the option to enter a name. Once you've done that, press OK. The folder should now be on your home screen.

FYI, I'm on the pre-rooted Gingerbread .596 leak, and use Astro to manage my files. I can't be certain this method works if you're not rooted or using Astro.

Last edited:
That worked using astro much thanks. I love android but why can't things be as simple as iphone or my desktop pc ?

i made a folder on my home screen and in that folder i have a whole bunch of navigation shortcuts...rather than re entering the adresses on another phone, is there a way to save the folder to my sd card and install it on another phone???...it would be going from an incredible 2 to samsung charge..thanks

Back