siedio battery

tekjunkie28

Reaction score
is there a local store near roanoke va that would possibly sale the 3800 or other high capacity battery for the verizon Gnex? thanks

Looking at Seidio's website it does not look like they have any authorized retailers other then online ones like Amazon.

innocell makes seidio's batteries. innocell makes crappy batteries that are well known for falling way short of advertised life. don't waste your money.

+1. don't waste your money. those batteries don't have the capacities that they say they do.

Yea I just bought juice defender ultimate. I hope it works. I just hate the thought of carrying a charger around with me BC I already have too much crap. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I actually highly recommend the Seidio Innocell 3800mAh extended battery for the Nexus. Mine just came in the mail last week and I've been unable to drain the battery. By the end of each work day, I usually have 50% or more left on the meter. I ordered mine through the main seidio website.

I actually highly recommend the Seidio Innocell 3800mAh extended battery for the Nexus. Mine just came in the mail last week and I've been unable to drain the battery. By the end of each work day, I usually have 50% or more left on the meter. I ordered mine through the main seidio website.

they usually work right for a short while.....

looks like were 50/50 on recommending this one. I wonder if the ppl that have had problems didnt charge them right the first few times?

Have had several seidio bats and had no problems. The one on my gnex gets me 18hours of heavy usage and can go up to 40 hours on light usage. The key to any extended battery is a proper break in cycle. Even with my little hunch back I still prefer the look and feel 10 fold to the maxx.

To the op. I got my from Amazon and had it in 24hrs. Free ship and 5 bucks less than seidios website.

3800 seidio not in this test

Bit of a bump.

Just got the 3800 battery yesterday for the Gnex and wanted to chime in on it. While a lot are blasting it for its size and deformed look, I actually like it. The naked Gnex is too thin for me, and I have a little issue reaching the top of the screen (specifically to pull down the notification menu) with the way that I held it. With the extra depth to it now though, I find I'm able to easily reach the top, and it just feels so much more comfortable in my hand. Another minor plus is when using the Gnex for music or movies, I found that I'd sometimes cover the speaker hole, nearly muting the sound. With the hump ending just above the speaker though, I've found that its rather difficult to cover the hole, accidentally or on purpose.

The battery life itself, I'm guessing I've still got a ways to go to see it shine. I've only had one good charging cycle (unpacked it yesterday, ran it dead, hooked it up to AC, booted into recovery, wiped battery stats, allow to fully charge +3 hours) and I'm sitting at 83% after 3 hours and 40 minutes off the charger. I've only mildly used it today for any sort of tasks, but I've racked up 48 minutes of on screen time at about 20% brightness. This has used 48% of the 17% I've used. I would of expected this all to effect the battery a tad less, but perhaps I came in expecting more than I should of. Voice Calls came in next at 18% for a 14 minute phone call, everything else was 8% or lower.

At this rate, I can prolly make it through a work day without issue (30%+ after the days over) with moderate use, but I was expecting to be able to really blast this thing for a good six to eight hours a day, streaming, browsing, etc. With such moderate use hitting it hard, my expectations may be a bit overshot.

For what its worth, I'm using GummyNex-TORO v0.7.6, the kernal that comes with it, undervolted to 1350 MHz - 1175 mV, 1200 MHz - 1125 mV, 920 MHz - 1025 mV, 700 MHz - 925 mV, 250 MHz - 850 mV, and Juice Defender Ultimate set to 30 min sync cycles when the screen is turned off.

Hope this helps anyone on the fence concerning getting the battery. Its not quite the game changer I thought it'd be, but I'm still pleased with the overall benefits I've gained.

Last edited:
Back