Sign This - Let's Get The Bootloader Unlocked Already!

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Please do your part and sign this electronic petition.

Let your voice be heard.

Sign Groubal With a Tweet

{{ WugFresh }}

The message bellow is irrelevant to signing groubal with a tweet:

PC747 message below:

For those who do not know the motorola petition site, groupal, has been hacked. When a person clicks on it, it introduces malware. So as a result we have removed all links to that site. And will remove the links from sigs. Please if you see a link pm us so we can make sure no one clicks and messes up their computer. We would like to find away to continue to reach out to motorola to get those bootloaders unlocked but we need to find away to do so without our members being at risk for viruses. For now we will keep all links to those sites off until we know they are safe for our users. If you have another way to continue to get the bootloaders unlocked feel free to discuss. But please do not link off forum to support a cause with out pming a mod or admin first.
Thanks

^^^^
This was not Groubal specific. The ip's hosting the malware were TAKEN DOWN so this hack is no longer a threat at ALL.
The attack was international and fully automated.
Even the site MySQL.com itself got attacked.
It's a mysql injection attack for sites with forms, or ways for users to input data into the database.

For more information:
http://arstechnica.com/security/new...-attack-making-the-rounds694k-urls-so-far.ars

That is an article. Please leave the link mods. It explains what is going on and does not jeopardize anyones security because it is not vulnerable to the attack it speaks of.

Please follow me on twitter for updates @wugfresh

You can still sign the petition right now with no malware because the ip's of the sites hosting the malware have been shut down.

The vulnerability still remains for many sites. I will post more info as I receive it.

WugFresh

Last edited:
I signed, I hope this goes somewhere

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

No leverage.... what are you going to do if hey don't? Get an iphone? Start another petition? Give me a break...

texting and driving on my Droid X...thanks tapatalk

Great! Keep'em coming.

mods please sticky.

{{ WugFresh }}

Thanks wug...signed and passed on to friends...hope it works...I'm not yet rooted but plan to be as soon as I've studied up enough...I think this appeal has a good chance if we get together and support it as a group...there are a lot of us on the forum...let's get everyone on board!!!!

No leverage.... what are you going to do if hey don't? Get an iphone? Start another petition? Give me a break...

texting and driving on my Droid X...thanks tapatalk

A petition only has leverage with lots of signatures, its a statement that their customer base is strongly considering going to other hardware manufacturers if they don't stop the policy. Petitions aren't always effective, but with enough signatures they will at least have to recognize it, and it can be brought to the press. Unfortunately customers only leverage against a supplier is to threaten their customer loyalty. Moto will look at the petition and will see negative money.. I don't expect them to actually care.
We live in a democratic society (or at least that's what it's called), so this is legal measure which can be taken. Will it work?? I don't know.. It takes three secconds to sign it. Please sign it, or at least don't try and derail others from signing it.

Would you rather throw molotov cocktails? That might gives us more leverage... but probably won't end very well.

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:
Thanks wug...signed and passed on to friends...hope it works...I'm not yet rooted but plan to be as soon as I've studied up enough...I think this appeal has a good chance if we get together and support it as a group...there are a lot of us on the forum...let's get everyone on board!!!!

Agreed! Awsome that you told your friends. Tell your friends to tell their friends and so on.. spread this like virus... someone should make a viral youtube video! Lol. Keep the signatures coming.

{{ WugFresh }}

Bump! Sign it. It takes like two secconds. Even if you don't have a moto phone... if we don't act now, locked bootloaders will become the industry standard. You don't even have to make your name public. Just provide an email and a comment if you like. Please sign.

{{ WugFresh }}

Moto will look at the petition

{{ WugFresh }}

How will they see this petition? Just curious. I'd be happy to sign it, but not if all it does is sit on a website.

Read that petition hosting websites info. They're whole site is built off the idea that they bring it to the company. But I will tell you right now, if we get enough signatures, and that site doesn't do what they promise, then I promise I will hand deliver it to moto headquaters, and wait there until my voice is heard and recognised by an executive officer. I am dead serious, but only if I actually think we have enough signatures for them to care.

{{ WugFresh }}

signed sealed and delivered...............

wug tweet and post on all the sites you belong to if you haven't already.

I got a sticky on DXF. And posted it here and AF.net about to head over to Mydroidworld now.

{{ WugFresh }}

Back