Silly Flashlight Issue/Question

a_bug

Reaction score
Fellow Rezounders;

I am rooted, and running Stock GB.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious (or did something stupid). I've installed a few of the 'Flashlight' or 'Torch' application onto my Rezound (Nexus Torch, TeslaLED, etc). I do like using my phone as a flashlight in many situations.

However I've noticed that when the screen itself turns off (either by timing out, or manually), the flashlight turns off too. This is very bothersome as I then need to keep turning it back on and/or I accidentally keep hitting icons on my home page(s).

Now with my old D1 this didn't happen. I don't know if maybe I've installed something, or changed a setting that's causing this to happen, or if its a Rezound issue or not.

I could have sworn this didn't happen when I first got my phone (about two months ago), but since then I've wiped it twice (I had that silly reboot loop/4G issue until I learned to remove the back or change the connect to 4G on boot setting).

I would appreciate your thoughts/suggestions

Thanks in Advance;

A (in the dark) Bug :)
[/QUOTE]

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

I use the flashlight (Droidlight) that uses the camera's flash and not the main screen for light. Never had a problem with it.

In the droid 1 days moto released a moto device specific app called "Droidlight" names changed recently i think. From what i heard its working on the nexus.

It uses the camera led and stays on for 5 mins at a time. Even when screen times out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I figured it Out (Kinda)

Thanks everyone for their help and advice on this minor (yet annoying) issue.

I'm not sure how exactly I fixed it but I did. I think I may have had a 'battery saving' program installed that was inhibiting the flashlight function when the screen was off.

I removed a few programs and checked my settings in the the one(s) I had left. I also tried tiny flashlight +LED, and found it works perfectly.

I did find like most of you mentioned that it does turn off for a second when you turn the screen off, but then comes back on (much better than before). I can live with this, and I love the 'shake to turn on in Lock mode' that tiny flashlight has. . . except when I'm playing with my 2 1/2 yearold twin boys and the light randomly turns on. But it doesn't happen often.

Anyway, I'm all good, and thanks again for helping me resolve this issue.

What would I do with out my Rezouding Friends.

A (lit) Bug
biggrin.gif

Mine is stock and I have droidlight, as soon as the screen turns off the flashlight turns off too.

Mine is stock and I have droidlight, as soon as the screen turns off the flashlight turns off too.

Hmmm odd the droidlight stays on for 5 period in my bionic. And my screen times out at 2 mins.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Back