Sketch Online

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score
I looked through a few pages and was surprised to see no one had posted anything about this game. It is a very fun and addicting game. The game is like pictionary. You take turns drawing and guessing what other people wrote and you can chat in the chat room while doing it. I highly suggest you try this game out.

Love it! Apparently the latest update removed some functionality temporarily... I don't know what that is yet, so it must not have been to big a deal. I hope it's free for beta users once it goes final.

It looks as if it's going to stay free. The iPhone has the same game but it isn't in beta and it is free.

Another thing that is off topic but cool is that you can play this game with your friends that have iPhones. My friend and I play this game every now and then and he has an iPhone.

Eh. Every time I play this game I get aggravated at the amount of cheaters. I prefer playing What The Doodle. Same principal, but I think their point awarding system doesn't encourage cheating as much. In Sketch, the drawer gets more points for every person who guesses correctly, and gives 6 seconds after the 1st correct guess for the rest of the people to get it. So often as soon as that first guess comes through they just write the word on the screen for everyone else to easily get. In What The Doodle, the round is over at the 1st correct guess. What the Doodle also has punishment and boot voting if someone does cheat. I've also noticed that the Sketch community is a lot more annoying. The chat room is unbearable to be in. The last time I drew in Sketch my word was Murder and the only person who was close guessed "Murda". Why would that be the word idiot? This is the type of people that are in there.

What The Doodle isn't perfect, but I like it better because of the community. Especially if you get the paid version because then you have access to the Medium & Hard rooms as well as the team rooms. They aren't as populated, but if you get into one of those games it's good people.

P.S. - If you play games like this a lot, I suggest getting a capacitive touch screen stylus. I've got a DAGi and it makes it much easier to draw. DAGi sells them straight through ebay.

Last edited:
I'll look into getting a stylus. That'd be nice to have.

But anyways... I have to agree with What the Doodle being a better game, but it just isn't as populated it seems. When I try to go in to find a game it takes a while where as in Sketch Online you just jump right in. I guess both have their flaws...maybe a few updates can get Sketch Online working better.

yeah. the UI and menus are better for Sketch, but WTD is a better playing experience. Need a mix of both.

digging this out of the olf threads. Just downloaded "What the doodle" and "Sketch Online" and I really like them both but they have there pros and cons... I am by no means an expert since I only had them for 24 hours but Ill share my initial thoughts:

What the Doodle - Well put together game and I like some of the UI. I really like how you can kick or punish players that are not following the rules. I however see no point in buying the full version (which i did) because no one is ever in the harder levels anyway. They all play the easy free version. I do find the UI a bit difficult and sometimes really annoying to deal with. Plus I hav found many repeating words which is odd because all you need to do is add a huge library of words to use...

Sketch Online - I like the UI better however it does make the drawing screen a LOT smaller which is annoying. The players seem to be less cheaters and annoying people. I do however not like how there are like 10 people in one game sometimes. That is way too many. The points are odd too. They say that a new full verison is coming and I am excited to see if it tops Doodle by a long shot...

Hello icculus.

Umm, hello... haha.

So apparently the Sketch Online app beta was ended last night, and it wouldn't let me sign up for the real version. I bought the full ad free version (mosty in support of the developer) and this morning found that the beta2 was a completely separate download. Not only that but no one is ever in any of the games. This still needs some good improvment.

(Plus, i can't stand all of the *&^%$ that are in games and just write the word and not even try to draw. There is usually one in every 6 that suck.)

Hello icculus.

Umm, hello... haha.

So apparently the Sketch Online app beta was ended last night, and it wouldn't let me sign up for the real version. I bought the full ad free version (mosty in support of the developer) and this morning found that the beta2 was a completely separate download. Not only that but no one is ever in any of the games. This still needs some good improvment.

(Plus, i can't stand all of the *&^%$ that are in games and just write the word and not even try to draw. There is usually one in every 6 that suck.)

Hello. I noticed your location is "The Moon."

Are you seeing Phish on their Moon tour?

I noticed your name was icculus, I thought I would say hi. I am Wolfmans>Jesus 3/1/97.

Back