Soo...what's the next HTC phone for Verizon?

brian8815

Reaction score
I'm due for an upgrade, and I was thinking about the Thunderbolt, but now I'm thinking I should wait it out a little. Have there been any other HTC phones announced?

None as of yet. All the other manufacturers are going to be releasing their new 4G androids soon. HTC has gone from the Eris, to the incredible, and now Verizon is weaning those out for the thunderbolt.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Actually, looks like the Incredible 2 is going to be next. Same processor as the Thunderbolt, but it will be a 3G Global, not a 4G phone. Also, a 4" screen as opposed to a 4.3". Look up the Incredible S on the HTC site and that is supposed to be the Incredible 2 here. I actually like it and the lack of LTE, believe it or not. It's looking tempting.

The incredible 2 is out there in the clouds but hasn't been put into motion like the 4G devices have. Its gunna take a back seat to those just bcuz alot of people will always want what's next unless they're a global traveler. Even then the fees to use ur cell phone globally are astronomical in most places. However 3G will be around for another couple years atleast, but HTC might wanna get a move on taking a step back to release a 3G device after becoming Verizon's 1st 4G smartphone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

The Incredible 2 is showing up in Best Buy's system as of today, and the Incredible has been pulled from the Droid section of the Verizon website. I have a strong speculation that it is more than in motion. Lot of speculation that it is an April release. It will be an easier release than the Thunderbolt.

I rather get 3G phone until 4G becomes more avay

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

I have a Fascinate and a DX and they're great especially cuz 4G isnt expected to not be nationwide til 2013. All I'm trying to say is that HTC seems to have taken a weird approach and I think should of released another 3G before the tbolt.

Any idea when the incredible 2 supposed to be released?

Indications are April. There's already been a system dump, the opening animation has been opened and Best Buy is showing it in system. As well as the original Incredible being pulled from the Droid lineup on the Verizon site.

What happens if one gets a 3G phone and 4G comes to your area a month after you sign your 20-month commitment?

I can obviously keep my D1 if I want to, but this switch is becoming a bit of a quandary for those without a 3G phone...

I think it's gonna take 2 years to have 4G everywhere. By then the service should be better. Lots of people are having battery problems with TB. I think it's due to 4G

What happens if one gets a 3G phone and 4G comes to your area a month after you sign your 20-month commitment?

I can obviously keep my D1 if I want to, but this switch is becoming a bit of a quandary for those without a 3G phone...

Not sure I'm following you. Even when 4G comes in, the 3G lines will still continue. The phone connections won't be discontinued.

Back