spare battery charger?

gymangel812

Reaction score
What is everyone using to charge the spare battery? I would just take out the current battery and put the spare in the phone then charge it but it's such a pain to take off the battery cover. I don't want to buy the multimedia dock. Just looking for something cheap, probably of ebay. I'm not sure what it would be called and all I am finding is ones that come with batteries or are for the phone.

This is the only thing preventing me from buying another battery. If there is no external way to charge it, why get it? And agreed, the back not easily popping off like the OG Droid is going to prevent me from utilizing a second battery imo. I think I will be keeping 1 battery and keeping the back on.

I agree. I'm not taking that back off frequently to change batteries. I've already taking it off a couple of times and it's not fun. Right now I'm just going with the stock battery and modifying my 3G-4G connection as well as charging once during the day as needed and then overnight. Switching it to only 3G seems to make a big difference so far. I certainly don't need 4G all day and definitely not at night when I'm asleep.

I am thinking about getting a silicone slip on case and leaving the battery cover off. That way I can just skip the cover off and swap the battery out. I saw a set of 3 no name 1500mah batts with an external charger on ebay for just over $20. I think I might give that a try. Although I'm sure they probably test out closer to 1000mah you still can't beat that price.
Sent from the hand of Zeus

Seidio is now shipping a Thunderbolt version of one of their larger 2-piece multi-chargers for $30:
http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bd3-bcsi3htmec-bk.htm

If you already have one from an older phone, you can order just the ThunderBolt version of the charging plate with a microUSB cable for $13:
http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bd2-bcscbu-htmec.htm

Seidio's shipping is on the high side, so consider ordering additional accessories at the same time. Note also they have a -15% promotion on their home page.

For the really cheap (and daring) you can now get the compact chargers without the ultraworthless batteries for $4.98 and free shipping from city_out or others for slightly more. I've used one of these before, but can't really vouch for their quality.
Desktop Dock Battery Charger For HTC my touch 4G/Merge - eBay (item 320670446018 end time Apr-11-11 19:55:52 PDT)

There's a US reseller of these who jacks up the price on the same charger, with one of the ultra-worthless batteries for $25:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-Verizon-Thu...966879?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item415716811f

Last edited:
I am thinking about getting a silicone slip on case and leaving the battery cover off. That way I can just skip the cover off and swap the battery out.
That's a really clever idea but note that the battery cover seems to include antenna elements in it.

... I saw a set of 3 no name 1500mah batts with an external charger on ebay for just over $20. I think I might give that a try. Although I'm sure they probably test out closer to 1000mah you still can't beat that price.
Regardless of how many mAh these batteries may actually contain, I would not use them. Not sure about the chargers either.

I am thinking about getting a silicone slip on case and leaving the battery cover off. That way I can just skip the cover off and swap the battery out.
That's a really clever idea but note that the battery cover seems to include antenna elements in it.

... I saw a set of 3 no name 1500mah batts with an external charger on ebay for just over $20. I think I might give that a try. Although I'm sure they probably test out closer to 1000mah you still can't beat that price.
Regardless of how many mAh these batteries may actually contain, I would not use them. Not sure about the chargers either.

You are correct, didnt think of that, i might buy an extra back cover when i can find one available, and dremel it in half and just snap on the top half leaving the battery exposed and the antenna in tact.

True, i would probably end up going with a stock battery, never know what kind of danger i might be putting my phone in with those batts :icon_eek:

Get the universal battery charger from VZW. It's an ultrathin 1400mAh battery with a mini usb cable that plugs into and charges your phone. It's really well designed and is the ideal solution for the TB. When my battery gets low I plug it in and it charges the phone while in my pocket. The best part is that I never have to remove the back cover.

Sent from my Verizon Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

I bought 4 batterys and 2 external chargers on ebay for about $20. I had the same kind of thing for my touch pro 2. The chargers worked out fine.

Charger

I'm using the same charger I used on my Blackberry 9630 I had laying around the office.

Back