Spigen Releases Cell Phone Kickstand That Doesn't Require A Bulky Case!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
61SFDyPHiCL._SL1000_.jpg

I can remember back in the day when I first got my Droid Bionic. The phone was pretty beastly by itself, but I was in the market for an extended battery. I remember those extended batteries were so large and bulky they came with their own battery door. The first one i bought actually came with a kickstand. At that time I worked in an office. When lunch time came around I was inevitably searching for a stapler, pencil sharpener, salt shaker anything to keep my phone in an upright position while I munched on my food. Of course lunch break passes by pretty quick when you are watching the latest episode of "Deadliest Catch".

When I received the extended battery with the kickstand I was pretty pumped. No more endless searches for something to use to stand up my phone for optimum TV viewing! These days kickstands are built into some cases. Mostly these are super bulky protective cases. The cases are so thick that case makers decide to just throw in a kick stand.

Spigen realizes that not everyone uses a case on their phone. They have developed a high quality stick on kickstand. A while back they had Rings that you could stick on to your phone which helped with Grip. These new kickstands have the same 3M adhesive so you know it will stick securely to your device. The kickstand has a metallic finish that makes it look pretty sexy on just about any phone. The main draw here is that you get a kickstand and maintain that low profile look you would have if you carry your phone around nude. The best part is that it's only $9.99!

via Amazon

Wouldn't this kickstand interfere with wireless charging?

Also curious how it would hold up to getting wet now that most phones are waterproof.

So basically they remembered the Thunderbolt and said "hey, that was a great idea afterall"
htc-thunderbolt-sexy-kickstand.jpg
There were some good things about the thunderbolt. Unfortunately the bad outweighed the good.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Says flat back, the nexus 6P is kind of curved. I wonder if it would work with it.

A slight curve could be OK IF they use an adhesive backed foam which can conform to mild curves. Just how curved remains to be seen as whether it would be an issue. Also, if they don't use foam based adhesive, then flat, or nearly flat is going to be necessary. Any significant curve would cause edges of the adhesive to lift and would eventually lead to dirt collecting on the adhesive reducing its adhesiveness and work its way further under until it fell off.

Wonder if the magnet in the stand would interfere or cause issues with the magnets in the Z Force or Z? Guess I'd have the same question regarding holsters with the magnetic case cover/closure.

Well the magnets in the Z and the Mods are on the corners, so I don't see how they would interfere in the operation of the phone, however as you are probably fully aware Mods would not attach at all because the Mods require access to the full flat face of the back of the phone. Since this is a "semi-permanent" attachment it would be virtually impossible, or at least highly undesirable to attempt to attach and remove this easel foot at will in order to make way for the Mods. What I'd rather see is the easel incorporated into most, if not all Mods. Of course, you could simply attach one to each of your Mods but then you have an issue with wireless charging.

Back