SportsTap Notification Issue

Murz

Reaction score
Has anyone else who uses SportsTap noticed that if you set it up to notify you when one of your favorite teams is playing the notifications on your bar never go away? I just started using the app and have had to reboot my Droid twice because the games from last night were still showing in my notification bar. That’s the only thing that I’ve fond that gets rid of them... Yes them, it has a separate notification icon for every single game. So if three of your favorite teams are playing the same day you get three cool, never-ending notification icons. :blink:

Sorry if this has been discussed here already, I searched for a thread regarding this issue with no luck.

I stopped using SportsTap because they updates were far from timely, but from what I remember pulling down the notification bar and choosing clear would get rid of the notifications.

I stopped using SportsTap because they updates were far from timely, but from what I remember pulling down the notification bar and choosing clear would get rid of the notifications.

Same here. I just couldn't stand it anymore. I removed it after about a month. Maybe someday they'll get it to update correctly. :dry:

If you are a baseball fan, and I hate to say this, but the MLB app is the best for in game updates. The pitches, plays, etc. are about 10 seconds behind the broadcast. The audio if you can get it to work without cutting out every inning is about 2 minutes behind.

I hate to say it because it's not worth $15. It's not worth $10 but if you don't care about price and are not using the audio portion then there isn't a better in game app. update.

I'm guessing the NFL app will be as good. All other sports suck so we are covered. :p

google scoreboard works ok for sports notifications, much better then sportstap.

My notifications go away just by hitting clear as well... but, the notifications for your favorites are so late and come with no pattern.. So, I end up just going into the app and refreshing frequently...

My notifications go away just by hitting clear as well... but, the notifications for your favorites are so late and come with no pattern.. So, I end up just going into the app and refreshing frequently...

If you are doing that try LiveScores. No widget, but it gets updates much faster than SportsTap.

I have no problem with removing the sportstap notification ( just hit the clear button) however ever since I rooted the application FC's on me all the time. It stops receiving updates and a MLB game will be in the 9th inning and it will say the 1st.

I dont know if sportstap is not compatible with 2.1, or if it's something due to the rooting (cyanogenmod 5.0.5.7 with bekit 1ghz kernel) or what, but it's a shame because I actually like the in-depth analysis that sportstap has on upcoming games. I keep it around solely for that, but it is annoying that it still crashes in the background all the time. I used ROM manager and changed all applications to have rwx permissions, hoping that would resolve the force close, but it still crashes several times daily, widget or not. it's the only app that gives me trouble and i have 40 or so installed

Hmmm for some reason I didn’t realize that there was a clear button. Doesn’t surprise me, lol. I should have known it was something simple. Now I'm gonna have to activate notifications again so I can look for the clear button.

One of two things would make my sports life complete.

1) SportsTap Updates Correctly.

OR

2) Live Scores Adds a Widget.

One or the other, PLEASE!

*UPDATE: Found the Clear Button... I swear it wasent there before <grin>

Last edited:
Live scores is great for quick check of scores....for updates use espn they are seconds off.....

Back