Stock Texting app freezes up the TB

DMikeM

Reaction score
Looks like no one has really answered this issue. My coworker has the TB and anytime she opens up the text app the phone stalls or freezes. Sometimes it recovers other time it tells her the app needs to be forced closed. After searching around I see some suggested to install chompssms or handcent, to remedy the issue. But that is not a remedy it is an alternative to fixing the problem. Has anyone figured out why this happens and what can be done to fix it correctly?

Thanks
Mike.

Sent from my PC cause it's easy.

Check to see if she has any huge threads. If u keep the threads too big it freezes up

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I thought the same thing and yes she has several threads that she has not cleared out. I'll have her clean up and see what happens.

Thanks

Last edited:
I installed chompsms but issue remains.
What happens is it doesn't allow text input. But if I just wait it will eventually start working. Frustrating.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

I installed chompsms but issue remains.
What happens is it doesn't allow text input. But if I just wait it will eventually start working. Frustrating.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

So you don't get the force close screen if you wait, what if you tap it a couple more times will it give you the force close screen then?

I have not seen a force close.
I have tried closing chomp, going back in. Doesn't matter. It seems to b that it has to wait for something. It does not happen all the time.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Any news on this? This is killing me, I mean every damn time I have to force close and wait five minutes in between sending another message if I even get it.

Nothing so far. I have not had the chance to have her delete any long conversations on he phone yet. I know she never deletes them so that probably has something to do with it.

CoopDawg do you have lots of saved texts on your phone too?

Nothing so far. I have not had the chance to have her delete any long conversations on he phone yet. I know she never deletes them so that probably has something to do with it.

CoopDawg do you have lots of saved texts on your phone too?

I have a bunch, I don't delete the threads that I use the most. The count is below.

Person 1: 2301
Person 2: 661
Person 3: 45
Person 4: 44

then just down from there, probably equaling around 50-60

The thing of it is, who give a crap how big my threads are, the phone shouldn't take issue with this unless I have a bunch of picture and mms going on, which i dont.

that's why you don't buy the first product in a new technology!! DX FTW muahahaha!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

CoopDawg, I agree with you but am seeing a pattern here. It has to be how the HTC handles the saved SMS files that is causing the issues.

@ Jug the Thug, now now Jug we can't be that way just cause we have the DX, we still need to lend our knowledge out and help when at all possible.

And Yes I love my DX Gingerbread man, dancedroid

CoopDawg, I agree with you but am seeing a pattern here. It has to be how the HTC handles the saved SMS files that is causing the issues.

@ Jug the Thug, now now Jug we can't be that way just cause we have the DX, we still need to lend our knowledge out and help when at all possible.

And Yes I love my DX Gingerbread man, dancedroid

in that case i couldnt help htc just cant get it down the company always has so many problems.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I just cleared my threads out. I have two threads remaining around 300 - 400 per thread. This has definitely seemed to resolve the issue. :)

I just cleared my threads out. I have two threads remaining around 300 - 400 per thread. This has definitely seemed to resolve the issue. :)

Sorry all, I completely forgot to post my solution. I downloaded handcent, it barely ever gets stuck. The only time I notice lag is when I use the pop up notification and have multiple messages coming though or i tap the persons name to see the entire convo. These aren't really freezing issues but the program sets your screen back to a lock. Should be fixed shortly.

The stock app is messed up, just use handcent.

This often happens to me. I shut down the phone every night and plug it in. When I first turn it on in the morning, it's fine. I text a good bit during the day. About mid morning, it'll start lagging/freezing. I end up rebooting the phone and it's fine,but that takes a big chunck of battery life to reboot!

Back