Stuck at 'splash screen'.

Rochambeau

Reaction score
I am nowhere near as advanced as most members here appear to be, just so you know where I am coming from. Also, I am not rooted in any way shape or form and didn't add any apps in the last few days. I get updates from time to time, so I am assuming I am on the latest official release (Verizon, if that matters).

Woke up this morning, battery on my Bionic was in the red so I went to turn it off so I could swap the battery out. When I did, it went to what I can best describe as a splash screen, an animation where the red light turns into the word DROID with the eyes under the top of the R. Fearing that this could be ICS update applying (with me in low battery state) I instead plugged it in to let it do whatever it was doing. Been about an hour and a half now and the same 'splash' animation is still going. Appears, goes away, comes right back. Seeings how this forum is not buzzing about the ICS update, I am assuming that's not the issue.

So my question is this: WTH is my phone doing and am I safe to try to abort it?

Thanks.

Problem solved. Crossed my fingers, held my breath, pulled the battery and it restarted as normal.

glad it got fixed .. yep still no ICS

Back