Stuck in 2.1

amstrk

Reaction score
Okay, so I've done a bit of searching and I'm getting unnervingly desperate. I need the advice/ help of someone who might know a bit about rooting, flashing, and installing ROMs.

Basically my issue is my phone is on the that first 2.1 rom and when I try to boot in recovery (to return to stock for the OTA update) it boots in the stock recovery menu, only it skips the /!\ bit. Well its not the stock, its SirPsychoS (0.10.1) but it looks like what you'd have before the nandroid recovery menu. Also somehow I've also lost root. I haven't the slightest clue what to do. If anyone has a remedy for this, or knows someway I can get nandroid back on this thing please please please, let me know. Thanks in advance.

-AmstrK

Even if you had root with 2.0.1 in order to flash that ROM, that first 2.1 ROMdidn't have root access.....

SirPsycho's recovery is what you make nandroid backups and restores with...if you made a nandroid backup before you flashed the 2.1 ROM, and the backup is still in your nandroid folder, then select backup/restore from the recovery menu and then select advanced nandroid restore, then choose backup, and your nandroid backup should be there

Thanks for responding. But see thats just it. In this recovery menu it reads as follows:

Android system recovery <2e>

Patched by SirPsychoS (0.10.1)

reboot system now
apply sd card: update.zip
wipe data/ factory reset
wipe cache partition
mount /system
mount /data

there's no option to restore from the nandroid backups. its just like the stock recovery menu. could I install nandroid from 2.1 ?

Last edited:
The easiest thing to do, would probably be to try the SMUpdater from the market, or go grab it for free at sholes.info.

Edit: Do you know if your ROM disabled OTA updates? I don't think all of them did,

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. Tried SMupdater, but the app just give me this message:

"Look like your phone is rooted, but you have not given SMupdater access yet. You *must* check the remember box!"

I know of the prompt that asks for su access, only my phone isn't rooted. I've checked in terminal emulator and permission to root user is denied.

Have I done something wrong with SMupdater ? Is there any other way ?

Did you try checking the box anyway? This is a peculiar problem. I'm not sure how one just "loses root". You are absolutely positive that you don't have root access? The only thing I can think to do would be to check some of the threads in hack section, re root and get SPRecovery, and try to go back to stock then. But admittedly, I'm talking out of my butt here, and have no idea if that would work or not, you have a particular situation. Matth3w wrote a few excellent threads:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/20094-please-read-before-you-try-root.html
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...ng-only-sprecovery-terminal-emulator-zip.html
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/20342-please-read-after-you-root.html

Last edited:
Back