stuck in bootloader screen

loveliz73

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 by Verizon. Wonder if anyone has an idea as to why I'm stuck in bootloader screen? I have followed the directions to restoring back to factory via rsdlite with the correct sbf file and properly performed the battery pull but still nothing. Any clues as to why?

Thank you!!

Liz

Was your phone updated to 2.4.330 (the latest over the air update.. You would have had to click accept and install to it)? The sbf is for 2.3.220 or whatever it was before. No big deal. Turn off your phone, hold X and turn it on to get into recovery. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to go to "wipe cache" and hit ok. Theoretically, you're ok. I always wipe cache AND wipe data/factory reset, just to be sure. After you do one/both of those, hit reboot device, and you should be good to go.

Honestly, i don't know what latest update it had on it. One day it just went to the black bootloader d2.37 screen. I flashed it using the sbf file 2.3.220 then did batter pull, wiped data clean and clean cache. Still it boots to the black bootloader screen. I am so stumped.

stuck

I am in bootloader also trying to install gummy jar rom , I am just getting red yellow and green and blue droid , lights just dancing around , I hope I have not brick this thing , I need to get this thing up and and going with the quickness , I was rooted and 2.1 phone info , So what do i need to get up and going ?

I am in bootloader also trying to install gummy jar rom , I am just getting red yellow and green and blue droid , lights just dancing around , I hope I have not brick this thing , I need to get this thing up and and going with the quickness , I was rooted and 2.1 phone info , So what do i need to get up and going ?

If u think u have bricked ur phone this like will help:

http://theunlockr.com/2010/09/22/how-to-unroot-the-motorola-droid-2/

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

If u think u have bricked ur phone this like will help:

How To: Unroot the Motorola Droid 2 | TheUnlockr

If a phone is bricked, unrooting it won't do any good. Perhaps you meant to post a link to an SBF?

Nope

Unrooting the same steps as unbricking a phone, also if u followed the link u would see that it is having u reinstall a sbf that came with the droid 2 when u first got it.

repair

I was wanting to know who does repair? thanks for the link that is alot to go thur and not sure if that is what it is . I hate to be one click away from being brick, there my still be hope

This is for the people that are trying to get back to stock or just get the hell out of where they are now.

If your phone turns on, it's not bricked. It's bricked if you can't get it to turn on.

This is the sbf you need to get back to stock Droid 2 2 version 2.3.20.

TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

Follow the instructions, it's not hard to do. I've done it 3 times now.

stuck in no mans land

the last post helped me out thank you so much, I am up and going again

I can't get RSD Lite to recognize my phone. I've downloaded all the drivers, but it still wont recognize. Anybody else get this?

Nope, its XP, I don't think I need to run as Admin, and I'm the only user on the computer anyway.

Back