Stylus-R-Us Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikaselm

Reaction score
Hey all, I've been in the market for a good stylus, and after looking through reviews and info, emailed stylus-r-us to see if they sell replacement tips for their styli if one breaks and what their most affordable stylus was. (Questions I've asked for every stylus that I've looked at, btw, unless the info was clearly stated to begin with) Instead of a polite email with a link to a product page or a "sorry, we don't carry replacement tips" I got a letter from their lawyer! Apparently, asking questions about their products warrants a letter accusing me of trying to deconstruct and reproduce their product, complete with red text and underlines to point out how very naughty my nefarious plans are! Anyway, with no intentions of reverse engineering anything, i'm happily taking my money to another seller. Just thought I'd share that interesting experience!!

That's quite a response, lol. Never heard of that kind of response before.

Holy (insert expletive). I don't think I would do business with them either. On a side note, I bought the targus r rubber tipped stylus at Walmart. So far I like it but I have never used any other stylus so I have nothing to compare it to.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Yeah...they such on cs. It took 5 emails and finally an call just to find out if the tip breaks ...can it be replaced? Answer ...nope. before i spend $40 on Stylus i wanna know if the tip can be replaced ...
Ill keep using my fingers...

I actually ended up going with the adonit jot stylus, and I'm incredibly pleased with it. I wouldn't reccommend it for navigating through menus, I still use my pogo for that, but for writing and drawing, the adonit can't be beat :D

Hey all, I've been in the market for a good stylus, and after looking through reviews and info, emailed stylus-r-us to see if they sell replacement tips for their styli if one breaks and what their most affordable stylus was. (Questions I've asked for every stylus that I've looked at, btw, unless the info was clearly stated to begin with) Instead of a polite email with a link to a product page or a "sorry, we don't carry replacement tips" I got a letter from their lawyer! Apparently, asking questions about their products warrants a letter accusing me of trying to deconstruct and reproduce their product, complete with red text and underlines to point out how very naughty my nefarious plans are! Anyway, with no intentions of reverse engineering anything, i'm happily taking my money to another seller. Just thought I'd share that interesting experience!!

You have no idea what you are talking about. :mad:That company is the best company I've ever dealt with. Their stylus are awesome, and all I've purchased are exactly as they advertise. I'm going to contact them and send them this link to get their side of the story as I'm sure you've told a slanted side with the way you write. I'm going to see if they'll insert the email you claim was out of place! And all of you others who never even dealt with that company, or tried their products, I'd hate to have you on a jury. One person makes a statement and you all backed it up not having any dealings with the company. Why don't you put the entire email in here that that company supposedly sent you. I'm betting first, you won't and second, if you do, it'll show they weren't out of place at all. I've dealt with SRU on four occasions as have three of my friends (all guys) and they couldn't be happier with their stylus or service. :hail:

Tricha947 said:
You have no idea what you are talking about. :mad:That company is the best company I've ever dealt with. Their stylus are awesome, and all I've purchased are exactly as they advertise. I'm going to contact them and send them this link to get their side of the story as I'm sure you've told a slanted side with the way you write. I'm going to see if they'll insert the email you claim was out of place! And all of you others who never even dealt with that company, or tried their products, I'd hate to have you on a jury. One person makes a statement and you all backed it up not having any dealings with the company. Why don't you put the entire email in here that that company supposedly sent you. I'm betting first, you won't and second, if you do, it'll show they weren't out of place at all. I've dealt with SRU on four occasions as have three of my friends (all guys) and they couldn't be happier with their stylus or service. :hail:

1 post?

I'm sure you're not related to this company at all.

This site is for free disbursal of information regardless of what it is.

1 post?

I'm sure you're not related to this company at all.

This site is for free disbursal of information regardless of what it is.

Far more common than spammers, are all of you, who freak out when anyone supports a site or product in a first post, the majority of you don't like. All of you who reside on these sites, leap on anyone who make one post, forgetting you too had your first post. Everyone has to start somewhere. I had no intentions of even signing on, until I saw where you were chopping up a company that has done justice by my friends and I, which number more than that one person who unjustifiably wrote what he wrote. A warning to any newbees. Never praise a product or company in your first post, as all of the site residence go ballistic and claim the author must work for the company. That claim is older than the Beatles and their only "come-back" for any first post that goes against what they all GANG together and express. As far as your line of..."This site is for free disbursal of information regardless of what it is," we'll see soon, my just having expressed my feelings. Let's see if this post is here in a week. Bet it's not. Also, apparently none of you guys, to include the fire starter, knows anything about psychology. All this page is doing, is SENDING people to that company by giving the name. Or what? You think mentioning their name, actually isn't going to send people there, just to cure their curiosity? You're all advertising for them and can't even see it. Fear not: Though I'm a clinical psychologist, you'll not be charged for that one.:biggrin:

Tricha947 said:
Far more common than spammers, are all of you, who freak out when anyone supports a site or product in a first post, the majority of you don't like. All of you who reside on these sites, leap on anyone who make one post, forgetting you too had your first post. Everyone has to start somewhere. I had no intentions of even signing on, until I saw where you were chopping up a company that has done justice by my friends and I, which number more than that one person who unjustifiably wrote what he wrote. A warning to any newbees. Never praise a product or company in your first post, as all of the site residence go ballistic and claim the author must work for the company. That claim is older than the Beatles and their only "come-back" for any first post that goes against what they all GANG together and express. As far as your line of..."This site is for free disbursal of information regardless of what it is," we'll see soon, my just having expressed my feelings. Let's see if this post is here in a week. Bet it's not. Also, apparently none of you guys, to include the fire starter, knows anything about psychology. All this page is doing, is SENDING people to that company by giving the name. Or what? You think mentioning their name, actually isn't going to send people there, just to cure their curiosity? You're all advertising for them and can't even see it. Fear not: Though I'm a clinical psychologist, you'll not be charged for that one.:biggrin:

No one went ballistic. But it is suspicious when your first post sounds like an overzealous PR employee. Especially since the original post was only mildly negative.

This site and its posters could care less if that company was getting more business or not. We're here to exchange information and arrive at a conclusion ourselves.

Your post disputing the original post is welcome but the language sounded more like an insult to the poster instead of refuting the argument.

Also, the original poster is relatively new himself so your newbie argument doesn't make sense. He was just less incendiary than you.

PS: I'm a biologist and psychology is just applied biology so I win. ;p

No one went ballistic. But it is suspicious when your first post sounds like an overzealous PR employee. Especially since the original post was only mildly negative.

This site and its posters could care less if that company was getting more business or not. We're here to exchange information and arrive at a conclusion ourselves.

Your post disputing the original post is welcome but the language sounded more like an insult to the poster instead of refuting the argument.

Also, the original poster is relatively new himself so your newbie argument doesn't make sense. He was just less incendiary than you.

PS: I'm a biologist and psychology is just applied biology so I win. ;p

It becomes more difficult to defend Stylus r us but pertaining to your line above, you try to account his post as being similar to mine: only his negative, mine positive. The web is filled with an initial negative post, followed by a dozen or so with three million posts on that site (residents) who just have to side in with the negative person. First. That’s pathetic. Secondly, the sideline crew has no idea what they are talking about. They just see someone jumping off a bridge, and they jump too. That’s always rubbed me the wrong way. But in your latest post/case, you're trying to tell me, hey, it’s okay what he did (because he wasn’t plugging the site but rather damming it) but it’s not okay for you (me) to plug any site on a first post. Really: You’ve got me mixed up with someone else if you think I’d go for anything as foolish as that. I post what I post. And, seeing how I have no affiliation with that company, (other than believing their stylus make the jots, afaradys, and all of the other alleged new and hot stylus, look sick) I can say anything I want about Stylus r us. I mean, if others can, what? I can’t??? That’ll be the day. This is what I hate about the internet. Negativity spreads like wildlife, yet someone comes along who actually has and knows a site and product and, in turn, says a few constructive things, and immediately you get all of you with three million post, trying to claim someone works with the company. It should be like iTunes. If you purchased the app, speak your piece. If you haven’t, SHUT YOUR MOUTH!! Great way to run anything. Let those who haven’t sin, thro the first rock. Let those who’ve made the purchase, say their piece. And those who haven’t made the buy, zip it!!

Send a copy of the lawyer's letter, along with a copy of a recipt for some styluses from another retailer, to SRU's customer service e-mail, thanking them for their assistance in deciding where to buy your styluses from.

Tricha947 said:
It becomes more difficult to defend Stylus r us but pertaining to your line above, you try to account his post as being similar to mine: only his negative, mine positive. The web is filled with an initial negative post, followed by a dozen or so with three million posts on that site (residents) who just have to side in with the negative person. First. That’s pathetic. Secondly, the sideline crew has no idea what they are talking about. They just see someone jumping off a bridge, and they jump too. That’s always rubbed me the wrong way. But in your latest post/case, you're trying to tell me, hey, it’s okay what he did (because he wasn’t plugging the site but rather damming it) but it’s not okay for you (me) to plug any site on a first post. Really: You’ve got me mixed up with someone else if you think I’d go for anything as foolish as that. I post what I post. And, seeing how I have no affiliation with that company, (other than believing their stylus make the jots, afaradys, and all of the other alleged new and hot stylus, look sick) I can say anything I want about Stylus r us. I mean, if others can, what? I can’t??? That’ll be the day. This is what I hate about the internet. Negativity spreads like wildlife, yet someone comes along who actually has and knows a site and product and, in turn, says a few constructive things, and immediately you get all of you with three million post, trying to claim someone works with the company. It should be like iTunes. If you purchased the app, speak your piece. If you haven’t, SHUT YOUR MOUTH!! Great way to run anything. Let those who haven’t sin, thro the first rock. Let those who’ve made the purchase, say their piece. And those who haven’t made the buy, zip it!!

Been following this thread for a bit. Hate to be rude but your post is under the "too long; didn't read" category in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back