Switching from Alltel blackberry, plan questions

Leastbay

Reaction score
I currently have 2 blackberry curves on an Alltel plan that has unlimited data. I was at the Verizon store today and I am going in Friday to pick up the Droid. According to the guy I may not have to change my plan but he wasnt sure. Anyone have info on this?

not sure how it works with the people with Alltel plans, I think you guys get to keep your plans and just switch phones.

No plan change needed altho they may try to tell you it's needed. Make sure you talk to someone "in the know".

yeah, Im on some sort of list so I dont have to wait in line. The guy said I needed to add unlimited data but I told him I had it already. He still wasnt 100% sure.

yeah, Im on some sort of list so I dont have to wait in line. The guy said I needed to add unlimited data but I told him I had it already. He still wasnt 100% sure.

You'll end up on a VZW plan, but no biggie it's only minor changes I think :icon_eek:

That's incorrect there are major changes if you swap to a verizon plan imo. You lose nights at 7pm and the plans cost more. You do not have to swap to a verizon plan, you're grandfathered in. You can use a verizon phone on an old alltel plan but not vice versa.

Alltel Merger Information

there is a link to sign in to your alltel account where there is apparently more information. i don't have one though, so you will have to check it out.. hope this helps!

I sign into the Verizon site and pay my bill with them now.

That's incorrect there are major changes if you swap to a verizon plan imo. You lose nights at 7pm and the plans cost more. You do not have to swap to a verizon plan, you're grandfathered in. You can use a verizon phone on an old alltel plan but not vice versa.

First I was kinda being sarcastic, but you can't hear me so that's kind of hard on here. Let me say though 2 hours at night and increasing my costs anything less than $20 a month is minor for me. I don't know the plan comparison, but if I felt it was "compareable" then i would chage. It wouldnt ne a big deal to me. If that's the way I could get the device I wanted. As long as you keep your friends and family and all 10 numbers.I think that's the most important feature from Alltel.

Back