Switching to Droid Incredible

SmartphoneNewbie

Reaction score
I currently have an enV3 and I want to know if the droid incredible is a good decision to go to. It will be my first smartphone and i've been researching it constantly over the past few days. What i really want to know is if it is good for texting seeing as i send 300+ texts a day

I do a fair amount of texting from mine and have no problem with it. Keyboard works great and use Handcent for the messaging app. Just like the feel more than stock.

SmartphoneNewbie, I switched from an Ev3 to an Incredible and like you I do a large amount of txting. And I can say as far as all the internet stuff goes it works great and there are some very useful apps available. But when it comes to txting or just plane old placing a call it is a dismal failure. Call quality is poor at best and txting is awkward and clumsy. The auto correct is a nice feature but 99% of those corrections would be unnecessary if the key pad was worth a damn. And so far I've gotten a max of about 30 minutes of battery life while txting before having to plug it in. Now in the phones defense I have only had it for a little over two weeks now and things might get better. But as of right now I really wish I had gone the BlackBerry route with a real keypad and a battery that last longer than a hand-grenade.

You may want to take your phone back and have them look at it. It sounds like you have a defective unit. My call quality is exceptional and I get a LOT more time out of my texts. I really think there might be some more problems with your phone.

As far as the keyboard, I can fly and the predictive works well. But honestly, I use Swype most of the time. Fastest entry that I have found.

Back