Swype not working- help

Goofy Yno

Reaction score
Both my wife and I have been using swype since it was bootlegged. we re-in stalled the beta version. My has worked perfectly. Hers stopped working. I have uninstalled and re installed a few times. still wont work.

after getting used to swype, it is almost impossible to go back.

Search wants to be your friend...Please get acquainted.

The beta version of Swype has a known bug. When the power on a phone is recycled, Swype is "dis-enabled." The workaround is as follows.

() Go to a text field in an application.

() Long press the field and go to "input method."

() Select "Android Keyboard."

() Return to the app.

() Repeat long press.

() Then select "Swype."

I downloaded this file to my phone did everything i needed to do. It installed fine on my phone go to open it and as soon as I try to input something it tells me my trial has ended. I uninstalled it the first time for this reason. Is there another version out??? I thought i read somewhere there was two versions of it.

I downloaded this file to my phone did everything i needed to do. It installed fine on my phone go to open it and as soon as I try to input something it tells me my trial has ended. I uninstalled it the first time for this reason. Is there another version out??? I thought i read somewhere there was two versions of it.

Try the instructions in the post above (to re-enable the swype keyboard) and let us know if that works.

i have used both the beta and the trial. the keyboard works as a normal keyboard and the swype does not work at all. I cant seem to find the input menu when i do a long press. help.

Try the instructions in the post above (to re-enable the swype keyboard) and let us know if that works.

no dice, is there an upgrade ?

There used to be a leaked version which has since expired. Then they offered a bunch of slots for beta testers. That has since closed, to the best of my knowledge. So I'm not sure how you would get a working version, if you weren't accepted as a beta tester.

What do you get when you try to use Swype? Any error message or does it just beep at you?

What do you get when you try to use Swype? Any error message or does it just beep at you?

It just doesn't input any text and then it says "Your Trial period has expired. Upgrade to latest version" (or something like that...too lazy)

w/e I will wait for the official release. If it's as hot as people say it is, then the developers deserve my 3 bucks.

Sounds like the leaked version....
If you haven't already tried it, install "Slide It" which works in a similar fashion as Swype. Its better than the default virtual keyboard, but not quite as elegant as Swype.

I found "ShapeWriter" it's free and pretty slick. Takes a while to get used to.

I uninstalled then reinstalled my swype (beta) 3 times, on the last attempt, I finally got it working. :)

Search wants to be your friend...Please get acquainted.

The beta version of Swype has a known bug. When the power on a phone is recycled, Swype is "dis-enabled." The workaround is as follows.

() Go to a text field in an application.

() Long press the field and go to "input method."

() Select "Android Keyboard."

() Return to the app.

() Repeat long press.

() Then select "Swype."

Swapping input methods worked, but I feel like it might go back to just being able to only press the keys after a reboot. I'll probably try the reinstall.

Back