Sync to Uconnect

pbuono

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Dodge Durango. It has the media system which includes Uconncet. I want to use the bluetooth in my Razr to connect to the phone system in the truck. I don't want the phonebook in my phone to sync, load on the trucks system. After it loaded I deleted the file and was able to make and receive calls hands free. Later that day I got to my destination. When I returned to the truck, the media system found my phone and sync'd the phonebook again. How can I not load the phonebook onto the truck?

I have a 2011 Dodge Durango. It has the media system which includes Uconncet. I want to use the bluetooth in my Razr to connect to the phone system in the truck. I don't want the phonebook in my phone to sync, load on the trucks system. After it loaded I deleted the file and was able to make and receive calls hands free. Later that day I got to my destination. When I returned to the truck, the media system found my phone and sync'd the phonebook again. How can I not load the phonebook onto the truck?

Good question. Mine's a 2007 so I don't think it stores the phone book on my Uconnect.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I would think there would be a setting in Uconnect for what you're asking, not the phone. I'm not familiar with Uconnect though...

I have an aftermarket unit in my car, and the settings (for what transfers to the unit) are in the unit itself - not the phone.

I can't attach it and am even having problems with the link, but you can Google the manual for Uconnect which might answer your question.

I can't attach it and am even having problems with the link, but you can Google the manual for Uconnect which might answer your question.

You're having problems getting Uconnect to sync with your RAZR? I was having a small problem with that on my old D2. Verizon actually suggested something that worked. They said to put the phone into discoverable mode right before you go through the menus on Uconnect and trying to sync. I know it makes no sense since it's the phone that's looking for the car, but it worked. If you have more difficulty, I can help.

You're having problems getting Uconnect to sync with your RAZR? I was having a small problem with that on my old D2. Verizon actually suggested something that worked. They said to put the phone into discoverable mode right before you go through the menus on Uconnect and trying to sync. I know it makes no sense since it's the phone that's looking for the car, but it worked. If you have more difficulty, I can help.

Oh no, not me. My car's not new enough for that. I was trying to help the op but not able to attach what I found.

Thanks though. :)

Oh no, not me. My car's not new enough for that. I was trying to help the op but not able to attach what I found.

Thanks though. :)

Sorry I misinterpreted the comment "I can't attach it and am even having problems with the link". I mistook that to mean you can't attach your phone to the Uconnect either. Now on second read I see you were trying to assist the OP and the attach and link was to help the OP. Doh...:blink:

I would think there would be a setting in Uconnect for what you're asking, not the phone. I'm not familiar with Uconnect though...

I have an aftermarket unit in my car, and the settings (for what transfers to the unit) are in the unit itself - not the phone.

I would tend to agree with this posting.

Back