T-mobile G2 Rooted... Gives Hope To Future Merge And Incredible HD Owners

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
g2-perm-root.jpeg

Now while none of us here are T-mobile G2 owners, it is still very important for us to spread the word. Apparently after the longest time and effort, the T-mobile G2 has been permanently rooted, and can now get some ROMs going on it. This new comes from Android Central that tells us Scott Walker is the guy to thank for this solution, but sadly making ROMs for the device will be a challenge. Now this is great news for those people that are holding out to purchase the new HTC Merge and Incredible HD rumored to hit the streets very soon.

Is anyone other than myself happy about this?

By Wen
News via: AndroidCentral

Seriously why do OEMs feel the need to lock down their hardware? just go the N1 route and make rooting easy but warranty-voiding, they have to know that all popular devices will eventually get rooted anyway the security is nothing more than an annoyance.

Anyway I'm quite happy to see the latest no-happiness scheme foiled.:motdroidvert:

woot maybe able to root the inc HD the day it comes out on the 23rd! haha no but soon after im sure..

woot maybe able to root the inc HD the day it comes out on the 23rd! haha no but soon after im sure..

fingers crossed on this! bc if it is rooted i can work with blackdroid to get UD on it since i want one on launch anyways.

GSM phones definitely have the advantage as far as global availability and usefulness(many like to switch sims and use on both gsm carriers-edge at times).

Hopefully the devs are interested in these phones enough to hack and rom them.

Back