Tap To Unlock?

loophole

Reaction score
Is there an app out there that bypasses the unlock buttons all together and you can just tap the screen to unlock it? asking because i dont have the phone plugged in at night all the time and have a dock application. would be nice to just tap the screen and see the time or turn some music back on if you get my drift. did some searching but didn't come across anything that you could just tap the off screen and turn it on and not have to swipe it to unlock it as well...

There's an app on the market that will solve half your problem. MyLock will bypass the slide-to-unlock feature, so you could get to your time/music slightly faster...

As for tap to unlock, I could be totally wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the screen doesn't respond at ALL to touch when the screen is off. This prevents pocket dialing. I'm pretty sure that it'd use up some battery to have the screen actively prepared for touch input, as the "sensors" in it would have to remain active the whole time.

If you were to set your phone to keep the screen on while charging and then charge every night (This won't hurt anything with the batteries we have), then you could use the clock that way...Not sure which dock app you're using, but most, if not all, have a "dim" or "night" feature...

Thanks for the explanation and tip, Think I'll just have to make me a custom type of dock to hold it since I have a case (and really don't feel like shelling out the money as its not a super big deal to me). Thanks again

Not a problem! I hate to take away any business from a wonderful member of this forum, but you could probably make a cheaper/less professional version of something like this mikradle, Cell Phones PDAs. Great deals on eBay!
His works with cases. I thought about it myself, but I splurged on an iHome alarm clock for my iPod months before buying the Droid, so I don't really need it docked up at night...

I use the dockrunner app from the market. It does what you are looking for. It basically keeps your phone in dock mode without a dock.

accelerometer sensor avaiblable in locked screen mode?

Hi all,

does anyone know whether it would possible to unlock the screen by tapping the phone, if this tap was noticed by the accerlometer in stead of the screen?

Or is the accelerometer also not available in screen lock mode?

thanks

Jorrit

Back