Task Killer

pchakmak

Reaction score
I am currently using Advanced Task Killer app and wanted to know if there was a better task killer app out there. Also, I have heard from multiple people that I shouldn't even be running a task killer. Can I get some input on this. Thanks.

Paul

I am currently using Advanced Task Killer app and wanted to know if there was a better task killer app out there. Also, I have heard from multiple people that I shouldn't even be running a task killer. Can I get some input on this. Thanks.

Paul

I am running Advance Task Manager. Now i know apps can be also stopped by using the ,

menu, settings, applications, runnings services route and stop any apps running in the backround but, "Advance Task Manager" allows me to do it in fewer steps. (my preference)

I have not run into any problems, yet, running my task killer.

But I don't speak for everyone. I'll step back and let someone else add their 0.02 worth.

)=(

I have unintalled task killer. I have background updates turned off and gps turned off as well. I did this based on the threads posted above. I went to bed last night with 90% battery. I woke up with the same. No need for task killer and it was definitely interfering with my apps, mylock at the very least.

Faxman75, what do you mean when you say you turned off background updates? I too don't have a task killer, but my battery loses about 20% every night. Would love to change that! Thanks in advance.

Faxman75, what do you mean when you say you turned off background updates? I too don't have a task killer, but my battery loses about 20% every night. Would love to change that! Thanks in advance.

Go to "settings" then "accounts & sync" settings. Then uncheck background data and auto sync.

Under wireless & networks I also have wifi turned off.

Now, whenever you want more apps and go to the marketplace it will prompt you to turn on your background data so just remember to turn it back off when you are done using it.

I too was confused by the idea of task killer being useless but it is. You don't need to shut everything or anything down in task killer, the tasks aren't draining your battery. See the threads referenced in this thread for more information. I no longer use task killer.

I use Astro's process viewer to keep tabs on what's using my droid's cpu. It can be called a task killer too, but the important difference is that it doesn't run periodically in the background. The ones that run in the background on startup are defeating the purpose of freeing up the CPU. Just don't install stuff that runs on startup unless you need it. Don't worry about stock apps or apps you use sitting at idle in memory. The OS will free up resources as necessary. At least that's the way it's supposed to work. A reboot every 3 days helps. Antivirus on droid is bs, do you really need all those widgets?, etc.

I use the X-Scope browser, the paid version, and it has a great task killer built in. Works great, no issue.:motdroidhoriz:

Back