Tethering and portable hotspot?

chadh1

Reaction score
Haven't ever tried this and was thinking of giving it a try tonight on my overnight. I have unlimited data(grandfathered in), but does it cost any extra to do this? Only reason I want to do it, is we got a 55inch HDTV at work and a wifi capable bluray player, so wanted to do Netflix on it, rather then just my phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

No router?

If you root you can tether for free with wifi hotspot:hail:

We aren't able to use the work internet for this purpose, plus they have really strict firewalls and need the password to even get into the works internet. Maybe I will look into rooting tonight and do it tomorrow. Or just buy an adapter to use hdmi

You don't have to root to tether your Nexus for free.

You don't have to root to tether your Nexus for free.

So just go into the options and do it? Or use some app? or is there another way to do it? I believe Verizon charges for making your phone a mobile hotspot don't they? I would like to do it for free. Overnights get kind of boring and nothing but infomercials after 3am haha, so Netflix would be awesome to do, rather then watching it on my phone.

So just go into the options and do it? Or use some app? or is there another way to do it? I believe Verizon charges for making your phone a mobile hotspot don't they? I would like to do it for free. Overnights get kind of boring and nothing but infomercials after 3am haha, so Netflix would be awesome to do, rather then watching it on my phone.

Please check my sig below. :happy3:

Had no idea they figured out free tether without root, good lookin out akhenax

Back