Tha Phlash Releases His All New Icon Pack "KEX", Including Surprising Feature

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Vm4bQZr8Cf5ev6aANjVCq-Z0A0t3LKp4bWHcn6-oeUTbqri56z67vk7JEhZPozMwg78=w300

Tha Phlash is a well known designer, themer in the Android Community. He has been around this community for quite some time. You will know him by the crazy Mascot style spikey hair head that he wears to various Android events. His quality and workmanship in every new app and theme that he releases has given him plenty of well deserved notoriety. He also has a few other tricks up his sleeve such as being a pretty awesome DJ. His latest creation has a few tricks of its own.

Tk52CjYe8zifnFTw0uHNWXDdbBQlS27gfs3NXZreJnU50cyT7hascVndl8DklLcu8w=h310

The KEX icon theme is more than just a standard icon pack. This icon pack has been designed not only with aesthetics and appeal in mind. This icon pack is also pretty useful for the visually impaired. Here is what Tha Phlash had to say about the visual aid aspect of the theme.

""The reason I've always made icons has been for a reason many people don't know. To help the visually impaired. I've worked on many accessibility apps for a certain amount of years...
I was motivated to do Tha Kex as a icon pack for people with low vision, and as a experiment on how I could minimize the cognitive effort it takes to see our icons."

The icon logo protrudes outside the border of the icon instead of being sunken inside a huge border like most icon packs. This makes the logo stand out more clearly and makes it easier to determine what the app is for the visually impaired. It also just looks really clean and unique. Besides the design of the icons you can see in each of the calendar logos in the image above that the new dynamic feature in Nova Launcher has been implemented. The dates are displayed and change daily on 7 supported calendar apps.

There are over 1000 HD custom hand themed app icons included in the KEX app. Each icon is made to achieve the highest resolution on your screen. This icon pack is supported on several custom launchers including Nova, Action, Apex, Holo, Smart, Aviate, Inspire, ADW, next, Atom, Go and more! You can grab this icon pack for only $2.99 from the play store link below!

Via Play Store

I love Tha Kex. It's by far one of my favorite icon packs. I have the pleasure of being part of his beta group. And I can tell you there's more to come :wink-b:
Tapped from a Moto X

Word up DroidForums...

You're like an old friend i could sit down with and reminisce on good times. Thx for helping put the word out, as usual a class act!

Back