The iPhone X Benchmark Beats Android Handily

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
iphone-x-benchmark-geekbench-796x419-jpg.77882

The new iPhone X has shown up on Geekbench and the scores of the new A11 chip are pretty astounding. The chip scores up there with the MacBook Pro! The All is a 6 core processor with 2 high score cores and 4 high efficiency cores. The new iPhone gets nearly 10k on multi score while the Galaxy S8 only gets about 6.2k. The Galaxy S8 only gets about half the single core score of the iPhone X at 2k vs the iPhone's 4k. It isn't yet clear if Apple is gaming the benchmark. Other OEMs like OnePlus have been guilty of doing this in the past.

via TheNextWeb

Attachments

• iPhone-X-BenchMark-GeekBench-796x419.jpg
    iPhone-X-BenchMark-GeekBench-796x419.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 3,187
But seriously, how does it beat a Macbook Pro with a 7th gen Core i5?!? That makes the test look, kind of, really bad.

Based on what I saw yesterday, the iPhone X should have had a 1,000,000 point score with that price point.

I don't care for scores mean nothing to me... But I will say I expect the iPhone to be excellent running any tasks given.. Note 8 is a beast of a phone... Great having choices... most peeps won't notice a difference and be very happy with either phone

Sent using Tapatalk

I could care less about benchmarks. for my usage, as long as the phone run reasonably fast, no freezing or hiccups and run the apps I want, then the phone is good enough for me.

I don't care for scores mean nothing to me... But I will say I expect the iPhone to be excellent running any tasks given.. Note 8 is a beast of a phone... Great having choices... most peeps won't notice a difference and be very happy with either phone

Sent using Tapatalk
I couldn't agree more, with both of you. Benchmark tests are nice "stats" for the manufacturer, or on paper. But I don't need the fastest phone on paper; just one that does everything I need it to do with a nice user interface / user experience.
I could care less about benchmarks. for my usage, as long as the phone run reasonably fast, no freezing or hiccups and run the apps I want, then the phone is good enough for me.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry but I have to correct it.

You could NOT care less. If you could care less you would be interested in them

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

why is ios processor running at 24mhz? something isn't right with those numbers...

you are totally wrong. both are actually correct. look it up!
Completely off topic.

It logically makes no sense. Ironic or not it just drives me crazy

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

"Could Care Less" Versus "Couldn't Care Less"

writer Stephen Pinker argued that the way most people say could care less—the way they emphasize the words—implies they are being ironic or sarcastic.

Other linguists have argued that the type of sound at the end of "couldn’t" is naturally dropped by sloppy or slurring speakers.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

why is ios processor running at 24mhz? something isn't right with those numbers...
iOS 11 is so beast, that it can run at an ancient clock speed and still PWN an Android Flagship.

OR...

It's a logic or coding error, and it's actually 2.4GHz.

Last edited:
Back