Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
There's an air show in town this weekend. Kessler AFB (aka the home of the Hurricane Hunters) is having an open house Saturday & Sunday & along with many other events the Thunder Birds will be performing. They've been practicing a lot today. Our job is only a few miles from the base so we got to see them do their thing. From the ground it looked like they were flying below the tower crane. Which is about 230' tall. The operator said they were above him, but not by much.

Here's a couple of videos I uploaded

Thunder Birds:

Thunder Birds 2:

Tapped from a Nexus 6

Last edited:
Love watching the blue angels at air shows.

Those are The Thunder Birds.....you labeled it "Blue Angles"....got me a bit excited...lol

Now that you mention it, I see I labeled those videos wrong, smh.

I don't recall seeing the Blue Angels. They're out of Pensacola, FL, I think. Maybe one day we'll catch one of their shows. I would love to see them

Tapped from a Nexus 6

I have some AMAZING videos of them from last year here at NAS Oceana ....I have loved the Blues since I was a toddler.

Same here. The Thunder Birds have been coming to the Coast since I can remember. There's something about watching them that brings out the kid in me. I tried my hardest to not have to go to work tomorrow. But that didn't happen.

Tapped from a Nexus 6

last year I was able to sit on my front porch and watch the Blues practice...

We live less than 8 miles from the Air Force Base. If there wasn't so many trees in our yard we could watch them practice too.

But an up side of having to work tomorrow is that I get overtime to watch those jets soar through the sky. And I should be on the top deck about the time they perform. So I should get some good videos

Tapped from a Nexus 6

I have a clip from last years air show....How do I post it??

Caught the vapor on the wings.....last one I think...I love jets!

sittingpretty.jpg

Sitting pretty<3

Reactions: CJM
Back