There goes my D1 ..for now ;)

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well in a tiff with my girlfriend the other night I decided to through my Moto Droid 1 through the wall....

The exterior glass screen is destroyed but the phone is still fully functional..
my contract is up in 4 days and I have been making the long debate of should I wait for bionic or get the TB.. ive pretty much settled on going with the TB..

I feel like I just LOVE the way Motorola does Android and have been VERY happy with my D1.. however when it comes down to choosing Blur or Sense I think I like Sense much better.... therefore for that simple reason.. despite maybe a lacking battery and a lesser cpu (which I have heard has been getting better quadrant scores than Bionic anyway) ive settled on the HTC device

I do plan on ordering a replacement face for my D1 and keeping it as my mod phone.. I think I will leave the TB alone for a while and let the devs break their phones first ;) I mean that as respectfully as it can be...

Get that temper under control. You hit her with that phone on accident (or not) and that's a felony.

Get that temper under control. You hit her with that phone on accident (or not) and that's a felony.

By "her" you mean his d1 right...? If so I agree...hitting an og droid should be a felony...lol. that phone is a modern legend, hence why mine is resting safely in a drawer in the box from MY NEW THUNDERBOLT!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

Sent from my ADR6400L

Hold out for the Bionic... you'll regret it if you don't.......

How do you know that if the bionic isn't even out yet? In my opinion, performance should be based on the experience the user gets from the phone. The fluidity, the polish, etc. rather than specs alone. As I see it, the experience you get using a HTC phone is by far a better experience than any moto phone thus far. They just seem to work better regardless of specs. The dinc vs the dx/2 is a perfect example of this. The dx/2 arguably are spec'd better than the inc, but in my experience, the inc blows the motos away in terms of the amount of joy you get using the phone. A lot of that probably has to do with sense vs blur but still...that's part of using the phone on an everyday basis. The tbolt vs bionic will likely be very similar. Bionic will be spec'd better, and possibly benchmark higher, but I highly doubt the user experience will be any better, and in real world performance the bionic will probably be worse. That is at least until the Android OS can take advantage of multiple cores (which won't be til 2.4 goes mainstream and considering it isn't even announced yet, could be over a year). By then, there will be much better phones around than the bolt or the bionic. So you can either wait for the bionic and likely be disappointed by the fact that it won't blow the bolt away for over a year or you can get the bolt and likely enjoy the heck out of your phone until newer dual or quad core phones come out which can actually take advantage of the hardware on board.

Sent from my ADR6400L

I completely agree with that last post.. my OG Droid made me a huge MOTO fanboy but this Thunderbolt is insane... My biggest complaint it of course the battery life which honestly is pretty comparable to my D1 when overclocked to 1ghz. I have read many reviews trying to decide of I should wait for bionic but I have seen many statements where the TBolt at stock processor speed is getting better quadrant scores than Bionic even with its dual core CPU ... I am EXTREMELY happy with the speed of my TBolt and even the 3G feels faster.. not a huge fan of HTC Sense but that is an easy fix especially with root..
So all that being said I will be replacing the screen on my OG and keeping it around but the Tbolt is by far (imo) a better phone.

Sent down from a Bolt of Lightning

Back