This looks awesome for us! ICS soon I hope.

[FONT=Arial, serif] "Keeping to their promise, the company has officially announced today the release of the Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Rezound handset on the Verizon Wireless network."[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, serif]Does this quote mean we should all be flashing back to stock today? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, serif]Also anyone know if just flashing the stock back ups we all should of made, gets us all set to receive it or do we have to go deeper like the old spfing we had to do for the OG droid?[/FONT]

This would be awesome, would love to see ICS like right meow!

does this mean we'd be able to get rid of bloatware running stock units after this update ................. I hate all the crapapp on this phone .............. my only gripe about my rezound other than the multiple scratces on the display already in a few weeks :(

Uhm...don't mean/want to burst any bubbles but if the ICS leak we got is any indication of where they are in development....we're not that close.

does this mean we'd be able to get rid of bloatware running stock units after this update ................. I hate all the crapapp on this phone .............. my only gripe about my rezound other than the multiple scratces on the display already in a few weeks :(

Sorry didn't read this before my last post... You can temp remove bloat or permanently remove bloat. Bloat is part of what Verizon does. Removing it is what we strive for in the first few weeks of having the phone. Also I've had my phone since Nov 17. No scratches, no case, pocket carry 100%. What are you doing to your poor phone?

Sorry didn't read this before my last post... You can temp remove bloat or permanently remove bloat. Bloat is part of what Verizon does. Removing it is what we strive for in the first few weeks of having the phone. Also I've had my phone since Nov 17. No scratches, no case, pocket carry 100%. What are you doing to your poor phone?

I don't know how I scratched it .......... but I am bummed out bigtime ............. the display is so sweet on this baby it sickens me to know I already scarred it up ........ I am assuming while out trapping coyotes or beaver I slipped it in a pocket with pliers or keys or something .............. sometimes on early morning runs in the dark before work and before coffee I do silly things .............. as far as removing crapapp like lets golf, blockbuster, vz nav, v cast, hot pursuit whatever else ........... how on earth while remaining stock can I get rid of this junk ............ remember my warning about not being a techie ............ the simplest of tasks for me on this machine can be overwhelming at times ............ but I hate clutter and these app icons even if not running drive me nutz :icon_ devil:

I don't know how I scratched it .......... but I am bummed out bigtime ............. the display is so sweet on this baby it sickens me to know I already scarred it up ........ I am assuming while out trapping coyotes or beaver I slipped it in a pocket with pliers or keys or something .............. sometimes on early morning runs in the dark before work and before coffee I do silly things .............. as far as removing crapapp like lets golf, blockbuster, vz nav, v cast, hot pursuit whatever else ........... how on earth while remaining stock can I get rid of this junk ............ remember my warning about not being a techie ............ the simplest of tasks for me on this machine can be overwhelming at times ............ but I hate clutter and these app icons even if not running drive me nutz :icon_ devil:

If all you want to do is remove bloat, you can temp root it with this one from XDA Developers:

[TOOL] - CleanTOOL 2.1.1 - 12/12 - The Relentless Pursuit of Clean! - xda-developers

It's called CleanTool; you just do a temp root, then run a script from a command line to clear the bloat. You can also select the ones you want to keep, by editing the .bat file that runs that part of the program. If you're not comfortable doing it, there are some people on the Rezound Development part of this forum who can probably assist you. Good luck!

This stuff was also driving me bonkers and I found an excellent solution. I've seen many people recommend "launchers" but I didn't realize what the could do. I downloaded Go Launcher Ex from the market and the install was super easy. I was still a little confused on what it could do but the developer has a video posted (search google for Go Launcher Ex and you'll see it under android market). The video really helps explain all the stuff you can do with a launcher... my favorite being that you can hide any of those icons you don't want to see and you won't see them again unless you really want to. So, yes the stuff is still on the phone, but it is hidden away. This has been the perfect solution for me. With the Nexus you could actually remove any app you wanted to and I'm hoping with the rezound ICS upgrade we'll be able to do that too, but I'm doubting it.

If all you want to do is remove bloat, you can temp root it with this one from XDA Developers:

[TOOL] - CleanTOOL 2.1.1 - 12/12 - The Relentless Pursuit of Clean! - xda-developers

It's called CleanTool; you just do a temp root, then run a script from a command line to clear the bloat. You can also select the ones you want to keep, by editing the .bat file that runs that part of the program. If you're not comfortable doing it, there are some people on the Rezound Development part of this forum who can probably assist you. Good luck!
Stinger, if you're like me, this kind of thing is way over my head! :blink: :biggrin: I really wanted to use the cleantool but the more I read about it the more I realized I didnt know what I was doing.

This stuff was also driving me bonkers and I found an excellent solution. I've seen many people recommend "launchers" but I didn't realize what the could do. I downloaded Go Launcher Ex from the market and the install was super easy. I was still a little confused on what it could do but the developer has a video posted (search google for Go Launcher Ex and you'll see it under android market). The video really helps explain all the stuff you can do with a launcher... my favorite being that you can hide any of those icons you don't want to see and you won't see them again unless you really want to. So, yes the stuff is still on the phone, but it is hidden away. This has been the perfect solution for me. With the Nexus you could actually remove any app you wanted to and I'm hoping with the rezound ICS upgrade we'll be able to do that too, but I'm doubting it.

Stinger, if you're like me, this kind of thing is way over my head! :blink: :biggrin: I really wanted to use the cleantool but the more I read about it the more I realized I didnt know what I was doing.

sounds like you and I have similar issues ............... cleantool scares me too simply because of my lack of knowledge ............ I will look into what you've done ............ thanks a bunch I truly appreciate the input

one thing that I forgot to ask you is how does it or have you noticed any excessive battery drain related to running that launcher ............. I am running a stock battery and don't really wanna smoke it

The cleantool script is easy and it allows you to go back to stock any time you want. Bloat is out of view and memory is freed up. I'm not sure if it saves battery but its nice to not have all that crap running in the background. Did mine a month or so back and I love it. Today when I get home I need to enable the Kindle app, but will disable the NFL app again as the season (free) is over with.

one thing that I forgot to ask you is how does it or have you noticed any excessive battery drain related to running that launcher ............. I am running a stock battery and don't really wanna smoke it
I haven't noticed any difference in the battery or in how fast it moves when switching from one app to another. I've been thrilled with it! I just wasn't a fan of Sense or seeing all the extra apps so this has made me a very happy girl.

I haven't noticed any difference in the battery or in how fast it moves when switching from one app to another. I've been thrilled with it! I just wasn't a fan of Sense or seeing all the extra apps so this has made me a very happy girl.

Thanks again Kim

The problem with just hiding things in Go Launcher is they are still on the phone and some of them are still actively using memory/eating up battery in the back ground.

Back