Those who are running Slayher 1.6 kernels....step in!

tee00max

Reaction score
I wanted to know people that use the Slayher 1.6 kernels to tell me does their phone get pretty hot upon use and if so about how hot does it actually get (SetCPU temp). I would like to run this kernel with compcache but it seems like everytime I load it up and give it a try, it always runs my phone hot. I know every device is different and some like what others dont but I just wanted to know if the temps im getting are regular or not. I usually never get over 100F and im running Chevy LV but with Slayher, I get well over 100F.....

Don't have set cpu but, I can tell you my phone by touching it, barely even gets warm...ever.

What speed are you running? I'm running the slayher 1000 slv and I don't believe it ever breaks 100 f

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Hey have you guys tried the new Slayher kernels posted in the LFY forum? I get screaming fast speed, cool temps, great battery life, and stable. Just an FYI :) Check them out! Index of /DL/LFY/KERNELS

These run way better then the Slayher 1.6 version kernels at least on CM RC5.

I usually try to run it around 1000 or even 800..... I'm going to try to load it up again tonight in a few, I never tried it with 2.1. But other ROMs ive tried, it has always seemed a little too warm.

I just got a replacement droid about a week ago and my first (R.I.P.) droid loved Slayher Kernels this one...not so much. It was running well over 100F doing almost nothing, like just sitting there with 1.1LV. SO I switch to Chevy, but last night I loaded up another Slayher 1.0LV and enabled compcache and have not had an issue.

I just got a replacement droid about a week ago and my first (R.I.P.) droid loved Slayher Kernels this one...not so much. It was running well over 100F doing almost nothing, like just sitting there with 1.1LV. SO I switch to Chevy, but last night I loaded up another Slayher 1.0LV and enabled compcache and have not had an issue.

yeah im going to try it tonight and see what I come up with.....

LFY Slayher kernels or Slayher v1.6? Mine runs way better using the LFY Slayher ones. :) WiFi was bogging down for me on the Slayher v1.6. On the LFY Slayher WiFi flies... lol

I run Slayher 1.2Ghz V1.6 at 1.2ghz Constantly, with no profiles and don't think twice about heat -

I run slayher 1.6 on ud 2.1 with compcache enabled and my phone runs cool except while charging. I run it at 800mhz and it flies, no need for me to oc any higher

Hey have you guys tried the new Slayher kernels posted in the LFY forum? I get screaming fast speed, cool temps, great battery life, and stable. Just an FYI :) Check them out! Index of /DL/LFY/KERNELS

I thought these were the 1.6 ones. I'm running the 1000 slv out of that group. So, maybe I'm not running the same ones as the op. But, I just made 4 quadrant runs in a row and my temps didn't even hit 85 f

Ok thanks for all the replies! Im about to load it up with a Slayher 1.6 1100mhz w/compcache and see how I like it. Do you guys really tell a difference in battery or speed with compcache enabled?

I thought these were the 1.6 ones. I'm running the 1000 slv out of that group. So, maybe I'm not running the same ones as the op. But, I just made 4 quadrant runs in a row and my temps didn't even hit 85 f

Yeah i was just wondering that. Are the LFY different than the 1.6?

I don't even run compcache. Slows my phone down. Makes everything laggy

No... the Slayher kernels in that link and posted on the LFY forum are newer then the v1.6 ones! That's why I call them LFY Slayher kernels :)

Back