three letter acronyms and numbers are hurting my head... what does 902 mean?

Gorf

Reaction score
Is it the system version? Because mine is listed as 5.7.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US. I was reading that an update to something called 902 might help with my 4g connection issues? The dropped data connection on this Bionic is **** **** ****. It's gotten so bad that I have outright turned off 4G to be reliable. Would updating to one of the ICS betas help as well? Right now I am running Eclipse.

Yes, the 3 digit numbers are usually preceded by a (.) period, so for instance .875 would be your version, .902 is the one you are reading about. There are lots of "unofficial leaks" of signed ROMs (ones actually developed by Motorola for the actual phone and then pulled off the servers by those with a special access tool). Sometimes the "leaks" are better than the most recent OTA Updates, other times they bring new and very difficult problems. Read up and find out which one is the most widely accepted as being stable and fixing more things than it breaks, then if you're ready to take the plunge, go for it. Just make sure you understand that in some cases flashing an "unofficial leak" ROM can take you off the upgrade path, and other times it can end in a very frustrating period of what seems to be an unrecoverable failed flash. BE BEWWY CAWEFUL to follow instructions to a "T" as laid out in the forum posts, and note any examples that went bad so you know what NOT to do. Good luck! :biggrin:

To add some more information, the current version of the Bionic is 5.9.905 and you will have to be there in order to manually install any of the ICS leaks. In fact, you'll have to get to 5.9.902 in order to get to 5.9.905. If you decide to install one of the leaks (after getting to 5.9.905) I would recommend going to 6.7.232. Although 6.7.244 will probably be the OTA version there are some security changes that will prevent you from going back to 5.9.905 if you want to. You can go forward, though.

I suggest going to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-hacks/214902-downgrade-902-no-app-data-loss.html for more information.

Have you gone into Menu>System>About Phone>Updates?

Back