Thunderbolt for $150 through Verizon

BrendanR

Reaction score
I don't know if I got this idea from here or another droid forum so forgive me if this had already been discussed. Also I want to thank you all for the great threads here.

My girlfriend and I bought TB's on release day for $250. I then heard of Verizon emailing select customers and offering the TB for $150, I called customer service, told them I had a friend who received the email (white lie), and the agent put me on hold. She came back and told me the offer was valid in my area (San Diego) and credited my account $200 dancedroidI don't know if this will be any help to any of you but I wanted to try and give something back to the board.

Did you have to sign a 2 yr renewal for the $150 pricing?... or were you offered a 1 yr as well? just curious.

One was a two year contract because it was my last annual early upgrade and the other was a one year.

I just tried calling. I tried the same explanation. The rep said that it must have been the new every two discount and couldn't do anything for me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

One was a new every two but it was an early upgrade, the other was a brand new line set up.

Corporate discounts are decreasing the cost. Ordered mine online at launch day for 199.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Once again motivated

got mine for $229.99 1 yr contract

Yeah I realize that two days after I bought mine at the 2 year price and went into the store to have them change my agreement and they said that they couldn't change it without having to charge me the $35 restocking fee plus take back my phone that I had already setup. I realize that it's only $35 but they were missing the whole point, I didn't want to pay $70 more for the one year agreement. However, I would definitely pay an extra $30. The VZW rep in the store didn't offer me that price option and they tried to argue that most people want a two year agreement, so I told them yeah well most people don't want to pay an extra $70, but $30 is an entirely different story because when you look at it that is the cost of a extra accessory. They said they could build my account for the $70 and I told them you can build it for $30 and change my agreement to a 1 year, but no luck.

Seeing this thread has motivated me to call customer service and see what they can do for me although I did that before going into the store. I'm hoping that particular rep over the phone was just uninformed because she claimed she couldn't see my corporate discount pricing. I'm also going to look into that San Diego discount as well.

So good luck to me.......
Edit:
30 minutes later and I'm battling with the rep over the phone.......
Edit:
I spoke with the right person, and they changed my contract to the 1 year without the restocking fee for an additional $30 but she couldn't provide me with any info on the San Diego special pricing. She said it might be a local store thing, but I'm guessing VZW wants to promote their LTE phones in areas where LTE service is available.

Last edited:
ya on tues day i tlked to 5 different ppl in customer service to get them to let me get it for 229.99 and then after i tlked to someone in sales they said they got it order and it would b here today.. called yesterday morning and they had no record of me orderin the phone the night before so i spent bout anoter 40 min on the phone to get it ordered and they waved my early upgrade fee so $246 after tax for 1yr im happy lol

After seeing this thread it got me thinking if I should try to call and get the 1 year pricing, especially since I paid $250 for a 2 year contract. Although I'm not sure if I want to give up 2 years of unlimited 4G at $30 a month.

Locking in the unl. 4g is a big reason I've wanted to jump on the TBolt, but I'm holding off.... even though I may lose the unl.

After seeing this thread it got me thinking if I should try to call and get the 1 year pricing, especially since I paid $250 for a 2 year contract. Although I'm not sure if I want to give up 2 years of unlimited 4G at $30 a month.

If I understood you correctly you are under the impression that your 4G pricing is based on your contract length and can change when your contract is over. However, your unlimited 4G pricing won't change as long as you don't alter your 4G data plan. The length of the contract doesn't matter either. In a year if I decide to get a new phone, I won't be altering the data plan on my line but just upgrading the phone and retaining the $30 data plan price.

They call this being grandfathered in, which was one of my deciding factors for getting the Thunderbolt.

Back