TMobile users in Detroit and Michigan in general..

bailman

Reaction score
I'm thinking of picking up a gsm nexus, and giving the unlimited lte prepaid a shot. How is the actual coverage in the Detroit metro area, as well as the rest of the state in general. I looked at their coverage map, but I have learned that they aren't always accurate. Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I'm thinking of picking up a gsm nexus, and giving the unlimited lte prepaid a shot. How is the actual coverage in the Detroit metro area, as well as the rest of the state in general. I looked at their coverage map, but I have learned that they aren't always accurate. Thanks

Welt seeing how it says you have a thunderbolt then I can almost guarantee their network sucks

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

had tmobile in SE michigan for 2 weeks, it really blows.

even vzw and att isn't that great in michigan. the coverage in that state sucks.

vzw isn't that great in michigan?
View attachment 57744
and what is better then vzw in michigan?

your speed test tells us nothing about coverage in Michigan. we're talking about coverage, not speed in a strong signal spot.

....and when did i say something was better than vzw in MI? nothing is better than vzw in Michigan, but it's still lacking compared to vzw in most other states.

speadtest.net is not an accurate rep of what to expect in a region of a state, espcially when we don't know what phone was used or which service that is supposed to be (or the million other variables that go into the reading). you can't post a vague pic unrelated to the topic at hand and expect it to prove anything :icon_eek:

btw, how long did YOU reside in SE michigan?

20+ years? thing is, i don't reside only in se michigan. i also reside in west michigan and travel all across michigan A LOT as do all of my family with various phone providers so i have plenty of data to compare with. i get data signal on the beaches of lake michigan, where other providers like att, sprint, tmobile can't even get a phone signal to make a phone call. same goes for upper peninsula, where the only provider is verizon everything else is a dead zone like you're on another planet.

oh, as to what phone i use, it's same as yours. my wife has razr and i have nexus.

Last edited:
20+ years? thing is, i don't reside only in se michigan. i also reside in west michigan and travel all across michigan A LOT as do all of my family with various phone providers so i have plenty of data to compare with. i get data signal on the beaches of lake michigan, where other providers like att, sprint, tmobile can't even get a phone signal to make a phone call. same goes for upper peninsula, where the only provider is verizon everything else is a dead zone like you're on another planet.

oh, as to what phone i use, it's same as yours. my wife has razr and i have nexus.

20+ years? if so, why didn't you mention that previously rather than posting an inconclusive picture?

ive gotten att signal in parts of MI where VZW wouldn't get any and vice versa. overall VZW has better coverage, as i mentioned before, but not by much. cell service is lacking across the board in this state (and yes, i've lived in or traveled to over half the states in the US)

overall VZW has better coverage, as i mentioned before, but not by much.
not by much?
Verizon has 4G lte in
Battle Creek
Benton Harbor / St. Joseph
Detroit
Flint
Grand Rapids
Houghton
Jackson
Kalamazoo
Lansing
Marquette
Muskegon
Saginaw
Traverse City.
That covers about 99% of Michigan population.
Where does att has lte? Only in Detroit.
I think Verizon is hands down the best cell provider in Michigan.

not by much?
Verizon has 4G lte in
Battle Creek
Benton Harbor / St. Joseph
Detroit
Flint
Grand Rapids
Houghton
Jackson
Kalamazoo
Lansing
Marquette
Muskegon
Saginaw
Traverse City.
That covers about 99% of Michigan population.
Where does att has lte? Only in Detroit.
I think Verizon is hands down the best cell provider in Michigan.

nobody has 99% of any state under coverage.

att does not have lte in michigan.

the op did not ask about networks, just coverage.

it's been well established that vzw is IT for lte coverage.

thanks for playing.

"Verizon's entire 3G footprint should be covered with 4G by the end of 2013."

that's according to their chief technical officer, and their 3g covers all of the lower peninsula and a good portion of the upper. so as i was saying, verizon coverage in michigan is better then all other carriers combined.

Back