Touch screen replacement

americanz

Reaction score
has any one attempted this yet? i was going naked and dropped mine and well now i need a screen. i found new ones for only $30 but the process of changing it looks very in depth i build computers all the time but im a little nervous to rip in to my $300 phone

Motorola Droid Bionic Teardown - iFixit

Yes I have done this and it is very easy, I suggest getting the glue for the screen. I was able to reuse mine but new glue would be better. Make sure to get all the dust out from between the LCD and the Digitizer, be rediculously ocd about this.....one little piece and it will bug you forever lol. Watch the vid on Youtube a couple times first, takes about 15 minutes. Get a high quality T5 because the 4G module is kinda tight to unscrew.I almost stripped mine out with an old T5 before I went and got a good one, then it came loose easily.

Yes I have done this and it is very easy, I suggest getting the glue for the screen. I was able to reuse mine but new glue would be better. Make sure to get all the dust out from between the LCD and the Digitizer, be rediculously ocd about this.....one little piece and it will bug you forever lol. Watch the vid on Youtube a couple times first, takes about 15 minutes. Get a high quality T5 because the 4G module is kinda tight to unscrew.I almost stripped mine out with an old T5 before I went and got a good one, then it came loose easily.

thank you i am also replacing the outer case as it broke too. where does one find the glue?

When I replaced mine I used black silicone.. (automotive gasket) I just put a thin layer down with finger, set a book on top for few hours and worked great..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

thank you i am also replacing the outer case as it broke too. where does one find the glue?

Where are the parts being sourced? My shell is pretty banged up due to the original VZN case not protecting well...kept falling out of holster.
- TD

Just follow the directions you find online, and DON'T LOSE ANY PIECES. be super careful to get all of the dust out, or you'll never forget it. Don't apply too much glue or the screen will be raised a bit, and the LEDs that light the soft keys at the bottom will make a weird glare on the screen. Be steady, and remember how you took it apart, because don't forget, you're gonna have to put it back together!!

Back