Touchscreen not working, NOT digitizer

Mike316

Reaction score
Hello, my wife has a Droid 4 and the touch screen is frozen and will not work. When you slide out the key pad, you can use the keypad, but the phone is still stuck in the locked position. She has already gotten a new phone, but has several months of tasks in the phone that of course she backed up wrong and are not on the Internet.

I took it to a repair place and they put a new digitizer in it and also checked the connection where the slide out keyboard sometimes come loose.

both fixes were unsuccessful.

anybody have any other ideas as to how to fix the phone OR how to get the tasks off the phone. Like can you run a cable from the phone to a computer and somehow download information?

I don't know, I'm at a loss and these TASKS are very important.

*insert she should have backed them up properly joke here*

If it can still hook up to a computer and be read then you should be able to grab any files needed from it.

Can I grab files even if I can't access the phone? Can I navigate the files through the computer?

Can I grab files even if I can't access the phone? Can I navigate the files through the computer?
Try hooking the phone up to your computer and see if it can be read. If you can you should be able to access the internal drive and the SD card of the phone through your pc

what if the phone didn't have an SD card? Only a sim card.

what if the phone didn't have an SD card? Only a sim card.

Doesnt really matter. Hes just saying you can access both via usb. As long as your phone reads through the usb port you should be fine. with an sd card you could just pop it out and into a computer though (as long as what you needed was saved to the sd). In my experience ive found its alot better to have even a small sd card with the important things on it than just depend on a phone. One wrong turn can make you lose everything. Most pics I take are of my little girl. And to me, those are extremely important. So they are on my sd and backed up to my pc often. If nothing else you could also use cloud storage.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

cool. Just have to get the phone back from the shop and try these suggestions.

alright, so I'm able to get into the phone after plugging it into the computer, but I can't find any of her tasks. Anybody know how or where I would need to look?

still can't find any of her tasks. What would happen if I simply right click/copy and pasted all the files from her old phone into her new phone? Would the tasks show up in the new phone?

still can't find any of her tasks. What would happen if I simply right click/copy and pasted all the files from her old phone into her new phone? Would the tasks show up in the new phone?

What are the tasks built into? Is it a 3rd party app or your calendar or what?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

some standard Motorola App that was already preloaded on the phone

Back