Transfer from SDHC card directly to Droid via USB?

morrisz

Reaction score
I have a need to be able to transfer data while on the road from a standard SD card (happens to be SDHC) directly to my Droid Charge. Is this possible?

I'll have an SD card device with me that normally connects to a PC via USB to mount as a storage device. I'm thinking there must be some way to connect this to the Droid and mount it as a storage device to be accessed BY the Droid.

Some additional facts:
- My reason for asking is to be able to remotely back up the data
- I won't have access to a PC, which I know would be the easiest way
- I don't have the wi-fi-type SD card
- I have a Droid Charge (has micro USB and HDMI)

Thanks for any help!

This could all be done VIA Dropbox (avail. in the market and is FREE)

Also, if you have the donate version of titanium backup you can have your backups go straight to dropbox.

I don't know if this is what your looking for, because I'm not sure how large your data files are and everything would be done over 3G.

This could all be done VIA Dropbox (avail. in the market and is FREE)

Also, if you have the donate version of titanium backup you can have your backups go straight to dropbox.

I don't know if this is what your looking for, because I'm not sure how large your data files are and everything would be done over 3G.

I'm good transferring data to dropbox once the data is on my Droid. My problem is getting data from a regular-sized SDHC card over to my Droid without the use of a PC.

My problem is getting data from a regular-sized SDHC card over to my Droid without the use of a PC.

Maybe get a female usb connector and a SDHC usb card reader, it should read
it.

Amazon.com: GTMax USB A Female To USB A Female Adapter Converter Connector: Electronics

Amazon.com: Sandisk MicroMate for SD - Card reader ( SD, SDHC ) - Hi-Speed USB: Electronics

That setup sounds good. I appreciate the amazon links, thank you. I'm curious - has anyone actually done this and got it to work? It's cheap enough that I'll probably just buy these to give it a go.

You can't attach USB devices and use them unless your device supports USB on the go. It takes more than just finding the right connectors to make this work.

Could you just get a microSD card that slides into a fullsize SDcard holder and use that? That gives you both sized cards in one package.

Could you just get a microSD card that slides into a fullsize SDcard holder and use that? That gives you both sized cards in one package.

This is a very creative recommendation. Thank you!

Back