Transition from D1 to D2G.

sniper6

Reaction score
I recently upgraded to a D2G. I was running a D1 with a Slayher kernel and Project Elite ROM. I love the D1! I'm not so sure about the D2G... I hate the fact that the bootloader is locked and they can't be overclocked. Is it anticipated that someone will ever be able to unlock it completely? Am I the only one that feels this way? Is there really any advantage to the D2G other that wifi hotspot and the global part of it? I know that the ultimate decision is up to me but I am looking for some advice from other that have a D2 or global that may feel the same. Will running a different ROM speed it up at all? Help!!!! Much thanks in advance!dancedroid

Sniper6

You honestly didn't know about the boot loader being locked down? You don't know the processor is 1.2 ghz? The keyboard is different. And being a world phone is kind of a big deal.

You can root the D2G, I even think there are custom ROM's for it but you are limited. For one thing the boot straps you have to use appear flawed to me.

Hate to say it but you should have asked all these questions before you got the D2G. If you don't like it and want to go back to your D1 put it up on eBay and sell it while you can still get a decent price.

I did know about the processor but not about the bootloader. Yes I should've asked more questions. For a 1.2ghz processor it sure seems to lag really bad. Is it just not possible to ever be unlocked. How do you like your D2? Did you like the D1?

I did know about the processor but not about the bootloader. Yes I should've asked more questions. For a 1.2ghz processor it sure seems to lag really bad. Is it just not possible to ever be unlocked. How do you like your D2? Did you like the D1?

Let me ask you this: What does a locked bootloader mean to you? What do you think you're missing out on?

You can overclock, root, flash custom ROMs, and deblur your phone. What else do you want?

I must have misunderstood what I have read. I was under the impression that because you can't run a custom kernel you can't overclock. As a stock phone it is much slower than my D1. My D1 was overclocked to 1.1 ghz and runs much smoother than my D2G. Thank you for the info though! I'm going to root the D2G tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Back