trouble setting up e-mail accont on Droid

jollyvulcan

Reaction score
I recently got a droid and set up my email accounts (yahoo, gmail, and work) all of which were working fine for about a week. Then my work email account just stopped working and whenever I would check for meesages I would get the "Loading" message with the spinning circle icon.

I have tried deleting and re-installing the account twice (no joy), contacting my work IT (they do not support droid), and Verizon / Motorola (cannot help because they cannot query our email server).

It is a Groupwise POP3 account using a Mercury server. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Use the Gmail application for Gmail. Yahoo is problematic on both the email application and K-9. It only works when wifi is turned off, unless you spring for $19 to upgrade Yahoo and use pop3 instead of imap. Try MailDroid. It resolves that problem and is quite reliable. Good luck!

My G-mail and Yahoo work fine. The issue is setting up my WORK e-mail account which uses the Mercury server I mentioned and Groupwise as the application. It worked fine for about a week and is no-loner working despite removing and reinstalling the app.

Back