True the tether app works as hotspots for nexus

since you didn't mention wifi tether, or usb tether
I have tethered many times with PDAnet on unrooted phones with no problems

Actually on my nexus I downloaded foxfi app from market and it worked to tether to laptop no lag

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Yeah.. just use foxfi. That's what i use. And since it does it in ad-hoc, u can even tether to ps3/xbox 360.. Htc phones supposedly can't utilize it tho..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

you can wirelessly tether without root for free.

How about you give an app that can wireless tether for free? As far as I know you need root to use "Wireless Tether", "Barnacle Wifi tether", as well as most Wifi tether apps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

You don't need to root for Foxfi to work. No root required.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how these threads popup without people first utilizing the search function in the Forum.

But anywho...Foxfi huh? I'll have to check that out, as my sig has only reviewed two non root options.

Can you USB tether for free? I'm trying to understand this process but I'm picking it up rather slowly. I'm coming from an extremely old phone straight to smart phones...

Can you USB tether for free? I'm trying to understand this process but I'm picking it up rather slowly. I'm coming from an extremely old phone straight to smart phones...

Welcome to DroidForums Audentio. Please check my signature for information that may help. One of the programs mentioned speaks specifically to USB tether.

Welcome to DroidForums Audentio. Please check my signature for information that may help. One of the programs mentioned speaks specifically to USB tether.
Thanks for the quick response. For only $10.00, I'm most likely going to buy it, thank you.

Back