Trying. gosms

HowardZ

Reaction score
I just installed Gosms.

Any pointers?

Is it best to use real name or nickname?

If I make gosms my default sms program, how can I undo this in the future?

I happen to like Go SMS. I have had not issues, the widget is very good, and it is very customizable. You can always delete it and go back to your native app or one of the others like Chomp or Handcent.

If I make gosms my default sms program, how can I undo this in the future?

Settings, apps, downloaded, scroll down to gosms, tap it, scroll down to clear defaults, tap it. Done

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

With my Inc I had issues with Go, and I must have been one of the only ones. It just wouldn't take on my Inc. Anyway, been using Go on the Zound and haven't had any issues. Like the individual settings (signature, alerts) and the private box, even though it can be a bit of an pain if you get a lot of messages. Plus unlike Handcent you don't have to have the file manager they say to download or save MMS stuff. It is really really customizable, maybe too much. Then again I don't IM or connect with FB so maybe there's a market for all of that other stuff I don't do. The only glitch I think I've found is if I have more than say three to five big MMS messages I have a hard time sending MMSs of my own. I'll usually have to start deleting threads or MMSs before it will work correctly. I'm going to say that it's GO's fault, for all I know it could be my phone period, but I have the stock disabled. Handcent has a lot of the same features or same type features, but they want you to create an account, and by a subscription that expires every year? and it's like $15, or was. I will also say that I've looked at many of the themes and they seem, well, slanted towards the ladies, imo. At one time I downloaded the theme maker, but honestly never did anything with it, so really it's my fault that I'm stock dark themed. Mark can probably tell you a lot about it since he's been a user even back in the Inc days.

Gosms works the best for me....no reason to switch. They update a lot...not sure if that is good or bad, but it seems to work 99% of the time.

Back