TTS engines chopping first word off

lukester01

Reaction score
I have a Rezound and I have several 3rd party TTS engines. I'm noticing that the beginning of the audio is often chopped off when using them. This happens with any app and any 3rd party TTS engine I try. The first word and often the last word will be chopped off.

Luke

I have a Rezound and I have several 3rd party TTS engines. I'm noticing that the beginning of the audio is often chopped off when using them. This happens with any app and any 3rd party TTS engine I try. The first word and often the last word will be chopped off.

Luke

Is this via speaker/BT? I don't have the problem, but it could be background noise even the phone itself making a noise and stopping sound..?? I'm also on ICS and can't remember how this was on Stock GB, so take this with a grain of salt.

I've noticed it with both phone speaker and bluetooth. I can even duplicate it by going into settings, voice, TTS and playing an example. It will cut the first word. Then next try it will play the whole clip. So unfortunately the issue is somewhat random, but overwhelmingly often it cuts off the first word.

Back