Turn Your Hardware Buttons Into Notification LEDs with ButtonLED APP

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

Here is a neat mod by developer "Germainz". Most modern phones have a nice shiny LED light to notify you when you have received messages or missed calls. ButtonLED allows you to use your hardware buttons as notification leds if your device doesn't have a dedicated led light this could be an alternative solution to having to turn on your device's screen to check for notifications. Some features of this app include status bar notifications plus miss call and unread text support, pause for user determined time on proximity, turn on button backlight for x seconds then turn off for y seconds, notification execptions (to ignore types of notifications), logs, and more. This should work with all devices with the exception of ICS. This app also requires ROOT! Check out the source link for the download.

Via XDA

hardware buttons into leds? are the buttons just gonna grow a led with this app?

I haven't looked at the source post, but my guess is the capacitive buttons most phones have these days.

ya i didn't bother reading either lol but when we say hardware buttons that implies the volume ones lol

Hardware buttons refers to capacitive buttons or hardware navigation buttons on older devices.

Back