unable to find viewer

andeejo

Reaction score
Lately when I have been opening attatchments in my emails, a message comes up saying something about unable to find viewer. Would anybody have any suggestion at what "viewer" I should download? Thx for your time.

Lately when I have been opening attatchments in my emails, a message comes up saying something about unable to find viewer. Would anybody have any suggestion at what "viewer" I should download? Thx for your time.
Umm... what type of file is the attachment? Or at least what is the attachment's extension (DOC, PDF, JPG, ZIP)?

It says unable to find viewer for application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml. I hope this helps. This is usually whenever I get Emails from my daughter's highschool. My daughter also has rezound and can't open her emails from teachers and school as well.

Hmmm... I though Polaris Office that is included with the Rezound would open newer Excel (xlsx) documents, might want to make sure it is not disabled in Settings-Apps-All-Polaris Office, and if you don't find it scroll all the way to the bottom where the disabled applications are and re-enable it.

Otherwise, Bluesman2008's suggestion should work fine, or just go to the Play Store and search for "microsoft office viewer" and you should get any number of results that will work, several people in my office use Kingsoft Office (Free) from the Play Store and it seems to work well too.

Last edited:
You were right ace. I re enabled polaris, and now when I try to open open up the attachment it just says Polaris stopped. Tried a BP and cleared data, but that didn't work. Is it royally messed up now?

Once you have re-enabled Polaris, then cleared data, reboot the phone (battery pull or power off/on with Fastboot disabled), then open the Polaris app by itself first, if it opens fine then try opening an email with attachment... I know Polaris works, I use it on my phone and it opens Excel files with no problems.

If the problem continues, I think a Factory Reset would be in order, especially if you haven't done one since you got the OTA update. Of course, if you could always just disable it again and install one of the above options, but if Polaris is messed up the chances something else is as well is pretty good, so I would go with the Factory Reset option, but it's your call.

Thx. Tried all that again. App does not work anymore. I thought maybe the disable did that. Not sure why I thought I could live without it! Downloaded kingsoft since its reviews seemed to be the best. Now when I open up attachment it gives me the Polaris or kingsoft option. Polaris doesnt work kingsoft does. Thx so much. I notice your a great help on the forum. Not quite ready for reset. Lol. The phone has been been running great with good batt life. I will watch for future problems. If they come out with the global its. Then that could be a good time for reset.

Cool, glad you got it taken care of... The next time you open an attachment and it prompts you to select what to open it with, there should be a little check box at the bottom of the pop-up that says something like "Always do this action..." or something to that effect, select it before pressing Kingsoft and it shouldn't prompt you again, or you could just disable Polaris again since it isn't working properly anyway it is probably the way I would go.

And your very welcome. And thanks for the praise on assistance, at one time I asked way more questions than I ever answered, so I figure what comes around goes around so to speak.

Back