Unable to play this type of audio file (mp3)

vatothe0

Reaction score
I've started loading songs into my phone and while the music app sees the files and loss them with the artwork just fine, it won't play them. It did this with the first album I loaded as well but later started working for no apparent reason.

Rebooting has not helped. Any suggestions?

MP3 files play in so many different applications that I'm kind of at a loss here. So you drop your files in /sdcard/Music or /sdcard2/Music and it won't play them? Is there any DRM on your MP3's?

It's in mnt/sdcard/music
No drm. Same folder as the other album that has a problem then fixed itself.

Moved files to "removable disk" instead of “HTC storage" in a new folder called music and all is well. Odd.

Ok, that last one has me confused. Here's what I would do. Delete any/all music on the Rezound. Either take the SD card out or if you don't have a card reader on your PC, plug the Rezound into your PC. In either case navigate to Music and drop a song or two in that directory. Unmount the phone/sd and see if the stock music player picks it up. If yes, repeat for the rest of the songs. If no, try another music player like Google Music or Winamp.

It's now in mnt/sdcard/ext_sd/music/

Plays fine.

It's now in mnt/sdcard/ext_sd/music/

Plays fine.

In the future as long as the device can see the file, you can use an app such as astro to move/edit/delete files from the different storage sources on your device, find which source the device will pull the file for the music app you're using and then move the others there without having to delete all music from your device or connect it to a pc for transfer.....your problem seemed odd to me though since I have no issues dragging and dropping anything to my rezound outside a folder just like I would with a USB thumb and the files go to where they need to be without my intervention...music, video, txt, roms for emulators you name it...

It's weird, I know. I was using Astro to move the files around and verify where they were.

Seemed very strange that the music app would find the songs but not play them. Now some albums are being shown twice with some songs unplayable. I'll look for the cache and clear it to see if that fixes the issue.

Seems to have fixed it by deleting the app data.

Back