Unable to use anything but default wallpapers

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I had a few downloaded wallpapers that worked just fine. I deleted those and had just been using a stock wallpaper. Ive downloaded a few other wallpapers and now it will not let me use anything but the stock ones it came with. Any suggestions?

This isnt the first day Ive had this issue. I noticed it a week or so ago and just gave up and stuck with the stock wallpaper. I have since powered off and on several times, battery pulls, and its still doing this so that doesnt seem to have any effect. I even fired up home+ again, which I had installed but wasnt using, tried to use a different wallpaper and same thing, nothing but stock will work.

Place your wallpapers in a folder...Long press on Home screen then select wallpapers the Pictures....Select the one you want.

What do you mean it won't let you? Are you not able to locate them? Does it not let you select them?

I can search for them, I can select, crop, save, but when I exit back to the home screen its on the same one I was using.

Place your wallpapers in a folder...Long press on Home screen then select wallpapers the Pictures....Select the one you want.

Thanks, this seems to work. Before I was hitting menu > wallpaper > gallery and selecting from there and it worked. Yet now that method doesnt. The way you suggested does, but why will it not work the other way now? Was this broken in 2.0.1?

AFAIK you cannot add wallpapers to the default wallpaper directory. Never been able too.

AFAIK you cannot add wallpapers to the default wallpaper directory. Never been able too.

I wasnt adding or trying to add it to the default directory. If you are at homescreen and hit menu > wallpapers you have the option to select from the default ones or from your pictures gallery. Previously I was able to select my pics gallery and choose what I wanted from there for the wallpaper but now that doesnt work.

I wasnt adding or trying to add it to the default directory. If you are at homescreen and hit menu > wallpapers you have the option to select from the default ones or from your pictures gallery. Previously I was able to select my pics gallery and choose what I wanted from there for the wallpaper but now that doesnt work.
Might have to do a reset of your device. You should have zero problems selecting a wallpaper from the gallery images.

Back