Unroot without USB port

dkg2000

Reaction score
Since no one seems to be able to help in the Droid 2 forum, I am going to plead for help here in the general RS forum.

My phone's USB interface no longer works for communications or power. I had installed the unrooted Gingerbread a while back and I need to restore it to stock firmware. I have been unable to find an update.zip containing that firmware for a Droid 2. Can someone let me know where I can find it or how I go about creating it.

Please help! :icon_frown:

Are you able to connect while in recovery? I have the same issue with my old Droid 1. Couldn't connect while in android OS but could while in rzrecovery. That might help you out a little.

Do you have a backup for your pre-rooted phone? If you do, flash that and you will be back to the stock OS again. If you can do that, copy your SD card to a file on your computer then format it in the phone. This should erase all your rooted files.

Also, I think there is a way to unroot without a computer but I don't know if its valid for your phone (sorry). Google "how to root or unroot from your phone, droidforums".

Make sure you have at least 70% power on your battery before you start doing any root/unroot work on it. You don't want to have the phone die midprocess. That may require external charging for you.

I hope this starts you off in the right direction. Unfortunately this is the extent of my experience, so hopefully someone will pick up where I left off. I'll check back to see if you have questions. Good luck!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Thanks for your reply. But I cannot use SBF. The USB port is completely & physically dead. I can't even charge the phone with that port.

It is more than just rooted files on the SD card. I need to downgrade back to Froyo (the stock firmware for the Droid 2)

I have the stock firmware in a format to use with RDSLite but since the USB port is dead I can't use it. I need an equivalent update.zip file which I could install with recovery. I have Googled all over the place for this but all I have been able to find are files for the Droid 1.

Back