Update 905 fails

Stevet86

Reaction score
I have been reading and tried what I have found. I downloaded the OTA 905 update and tried to install it without success. I also moved it to the SD card and attempted to install from there...failed. I am rooted with a stock rom and never removed bloatware, I have defrosted what I have frozen. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Are you sure you unfroze everything that you froze???

EDIT: Good Lord my english! "Unfroze"....defrosted a better term. :)

There's nothing left in my batch mode to unfreeze. I just checked again.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I was able to download and install but with 5.9.905, I seem to be having more 4G LTE disconnection that 5.9.902. Is anyone else experiencing this? Or, is it just the 4G LTE network?

My phone won't update either. My wifes phone updated with no problems. Hers it's also rooted.
Any suggestions?

I was able to download and install but with 5.9.905, I seem to be having more 4G LTE disconnection that 5.9.902. Is anyone else experiencing this? Or, is it just the 4G LTE network?
Same here - have reverted to .902, 4G problems persist. Data connections were rocksolid prior to the OTA. Have reported problem to VZW - will troubleshoot further this weekend.

Rooted, stock ROM, no issues with the update. I defrosted all the bloatware I had frozen, then did a reboot before attempting the update. No 4G issues to report so far.

Update failed.
I unfroze (defrosted) everything and it still failed
So unrooted, which failed. Or half failed. It thinks I'm rooted, but can't run anything that requires a root.
So rerooted and manually removed SU bin and superuser.
Update still failed. But superoneclick now thinks I'm not rooted.
Tried to root again and superoneclick now crashes at #5

So I currently have a stock .902 phone, with a ton of bloat, unable to run as a hotspot or run titanium backup.

But whatever. I'm reluctant to do a factory reset and not sure it would help anyway. I'll probably wait for ICS and then try again.

Same problem. Rooted.stock.voodoo.no frozen apps. Titanium bu. Bionic bootstrap. Rom manager.
Received OTA. Did temporary unroot. Downloaded 905. Install.....nope. no go.
I thought I had done everything I needed to, but must be something else. It looks like it reboots into recovery and begins to install, then..the exclamation mark. Boots up to .902.

Same problem. Rooted.stock.voodoo.no frozen apps. Titanium bu. Bionic bootstrap. Rom manager.
Received OTA. Did temporary unroot. Downloaded 905. Install.....nope. no go.
I thought I had done everything I needed to, but must be something else. It looks like it reboots into recovery and begins to install, then..the exclamation mark. Boots up to .902.

That exactly what happened with mine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

For the people with update issues:
Is your bloat unfrozen or restored?
Did you change anything with rom manager? Ie. Battery icon
Do you have a stock nandroid to restore?

Being rooted does not cause issues for OTAs. Root just does not survive unless precautions are taken. Use forever root or ota rootkeeper.

I was going to but there are different ways out there I don't know which one to follow. Any recommendations

PM me and I'll link you to the files that I used (Bionic Pathsaver/Motofail and FXZ). I killed my phone trying to update the Safestrap unsafe partition, so I used Pathsaver and a known good FXZ to get back to .902 stock. Took me about 20 minutes from dead phone to Eclipse 3.0 goodness.

Back