Updating to 1.5

Draken

Reaction score
When updating to version 1.5 on Liberty is there a need to do a reset in cache and data? or can i just install over the current version i have now?
Thanks.

They said you should wipe, you could try without wiping but remember to make a backup

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

They "highly recommend" you do but I didn't and so far it is running just fine...

I followed the instructions including recommendations resulting in a perfect problem free install. Follow the advice of the rom designers not people that did it their way.

When updating to version 1.5 on Liberty is there a need to do a reset in cache and data? or can i just install over the current version i have now?
Thanks.

Download the rom from the web to your phone, reboot into clockwork recovery, go to mounts and mount the system. Go back to the main recovery menu and clear cache and wipe data from there. Then go to apply .zip from sd card and find the rom you downloaded. Select that rom and wait for it to flash. Once its done reboot the phone from the recovery menu and wait for everything to power up.

For those of you wiping (which I will), what did you use to restore your apps? Titanium Backup or the Backup/Restore in Liberty Toolbox?

Are they both basically doing the same thing?

I have always used Titanium before but wondered if the one in Liberty was faster or better?

I actually saved all my apps to the sd card then after liberty install I directed liberty to restore apps on reboot in liberty settings. I rebooted and when they restored I used titanium to restore data to a few that are setup intensive. Normally though I let m market restore apps our app brain restore them and do the same a above with titanium.

Do all the themes have to be updated to work with 1.5? Because I have been using the Black Juice theme and would like to stick with it when updating to Liberty 1.5

Do all the themes have to be updated to work with 1.5? Because I have been using the Black Juice theme and would like to stick with it when updating to Liberty 1.5

The answer to that question is yes, because the framework-res has been updated and the apps have been updated, therefore the theme has to be updated. Otherwise you will loading old stuff into the new ROM.

If I am wrong on this, someone I'm sure will correct me.

Back