Used z4root, won't upload new roms

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
I installed z4root and I still can't upload roms. Via the network on rom manager. Also tether tells me that I don't have the right kernal installed. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

can you install Root Checker from the market and verify root. Have you rebooted the device since rooting?

The kernel on tethering is just for access control, no worries on that.

I installed z4root and I still can't upload roms. Via the network on rom manager. Also tether tells me that I don't have the right kernal installed. Thanks for the help.

Stupid question but did you run the permanent root option on z4?

Now next thing is DO NOT use rom manager to flash roms, its far too unstable on the DX. Use rom manager to dl clockworkmod recovery ans get the DX bootstrap app from the market and flash roms that way.

Wireless tether will tell you that you have the wrong kernel for the access control feature so you will have to encrypt your signal rather than use the access control option.

BTW- with all the hububb being made about tethering w/o purchasing the tether option from vzw, be careful about how much data you use when you tether. It sounds like vzw is tracking it now, for what reason (billing for tethered data or canceling service) hasn't been disclosed yet, but it appears they have taken notice.

Back