using z4 to root droid x

hendrixvanwylde

Reaction score
im using the z4 app to root my droid x. it seems to have froze in the process of obtaining root access. Can't even turn the phone off now...any suggestions?

I have given up on Z4 for the DX and am now Rooting X's with Superoneclick. Takes about 20 seconds.

Finally got my DX 2.2.1 rooter

I am new to Droid and tried for 2 days and 10,000 threads to get my DX rooted. I finally found this and it worked like a charm. Good luck to you! [video=youtube;zLSn2Wg4h_4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLSn2Wg4h_4]YouTube - How to Root your Droid X 2.2.1 Froyo[/video]

I used z4, how do I delete the apps now? Anything else I should do/get after rooting?

Try installing a custom rom like darkslide 4.2 or maybe liberty 1.5. I'm currently running the leaked official android gingerbread OS. It works great but I'm thinking about trying out the darkslide Tom with launcher pro.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I am hesitant about deleting apps. I got bloat freezer and just froze the apps since I read that OTA updates require some of the programs and I'm not that advanced of a user. Once they're frozen they don't run and you don't see them in the apps tray. If you find you need them later you can just thaw them out and use them. Seemed like a safer bet for me since I am such a newbie. I had to search forever to find a rooting tutorial that worked for me. It's your choice but for me it's better safe than sorry.

Back