Vaulty App..

Yonahdad

Reaction score
I had to get a new cell & now all of my pictures are gone. How can I retrieve them? Thanks!

They should be on your SD card. If not, they may have been on the phone memory of your last phone.

The rezound saves photos to phone memory by default, so you probably lost them.

Sent From A Taco Bell Drive-Thru.

I know this won't help you now, but one thing you might want to consider is the auto-upload feature of dropbox.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

The rezound saves photos to phone memory by default, so you probably lost them.

Are you sure? All of my camera photos are being saved to /mnt/sdcard/ext_sd/DCIM/100MEDIA which I always though was the external sd card. Am I wrong? Not that it matters to me. I use an app called Foldersync that automatically uploads anything in the 100MEDIA (or any other folder) to my home PC via FTP. My PC then automatically uploads those files to my 4sync account in the cloud. I prefer this setup over DropBox because 4Sync gives me 15GB free where Dropbox just gives 2GB. I know I can get more from DropBox by spamming my friends but I refuse to jump through hoops and annoy my friends.

Are you sure? All of my camera photos are being saved to /mnt/sdcard/ext_sd/DCIM/100MEDIA which I always though was the external sd card. Am I wrong? Not that it matters to me. I use an app called Foldersync that automatically uploads anything in the 100MEDIA (or any other folder) to my home PC via FTP. My PC then automatically uploads those files to my 4sync account in the cloud. I prefer this setup over DropBox because 4Sync gives me 15GB free where Dropbox just gives 2GB. I know I can get more from DropBox by spamming my friends but I refuse to jump through hoops and annoy my friends.

Same here but it didn't until I was on the ICS leak. Prior to the ICS leak it was saving to /sdcard/DCIM

MrSmith317 said:
Same here but it didn't until I was on the ICS leak. Prior to the ICS leak it was saving to /sdcard/DCIM

Interesting.... I am on stock unrooted GB.

Mine is stock, unleaked, unrooted, un-unlocked and it saves pics to the external SD card.

Mine saves to /sdcard/DCIM pure stock.

When I recieved my replacement phone, I just switched over the micro sd card and all of my pictures where there. The only ones missing were the mms images that I saved. I figured out later that you can go into the mms settings and there is an option to save your mms images to either internal phone storage or to external sd. So I changed the setting to external sd and had my husband resend some of my mms images and it saved to the external sd card. I just verified this by restarting my phone without the external card and there were no images in my gallery.

Lovin my stock unrooted locked phone.

I figured out later that you can go into the mms settings and there is an option to save your mms images to either internal phone storage or to external sd.

That is a great tip... I just changed mine to the SDcard :D

I should warn you that on my phone it changes back to internal phone storage every once in a while. I think it is when I do a complete shutdown on my phone. It is the only setting I have ever noticed to switch on its own. Not sure if its just my phone or not. Haha, at first I thought this setting would automatically save to the sd card, but you still have to long press the mms and then it gives you that option.

Back