Verizon Continues To Grow It's 4G LTE Network

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
vzw_lte.jpeg

Verizon's press release reveals the they are launching service in 5 new markets and expanding into 3 others on January 19th. On Thursday, Jan. 19 Big Red will flip the switch on it's 4G LTE Network in Glens Falls and Utica, N.Y.; Lawton, Okla.; and Brownsville and McAllen, Texas. The company is also expanding its network on Jan. 19 in Atlanta, Houston and Spokane, Wash.

Full presser below:

BASKING RIDGE, N.J. – Verizon Wireless, owner of the nation’s fastest 4G network, is kicking off 2012 by turning on 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) in five new markets and expanding the network in three others on Jan. 19. The continued growth of the 4G LTE network represents Verizon’s commitment to strengthening and enhancing the network and delivering the highest performance and reliability for its customers.

Following the launches on Jan. 19, more than 200 million people in 195 markets across the United States can take advantage of the blazingly fast speeds offered by Verizon’s 4G LTE network. Customers can choose from a wide variety of 4G LTE devices, including the Spectrum™ by LG, available starting tomorrow. The Spectrum by LG was one of six new 4G LTE devices announced at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES). From the expanded 4G LTE DROID family, to the new Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 7.7 and the Verizon Jetpacks™, Verizon Wireless now offers something for everyone on its 4G LTE network.

On Thursday, Jan. 19, the company will turn on its 4G LTE network in Glens Falls and Utica, N.Y.; Lawton, Okla.; and Brownsville and McAllen, Texas. The company is also expanding its network on Jan. 19 in Atlanta, Houston and Spokane, Wash.

“As we enter 2012, Verizon’s 4G LTE network remains the largest by far in the United States, and we continue to grow the network and bring Verizon’s unparalleled 4G LTE services to more and more people,” said David Small, chief technical officer of Verizon Wireless.

4G LTE Speed and Coverage

In real-world, fully loaded network environments, 4G LTE users should experience average data rates of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) on the downlink and 2 to 5 Mbps on the uplink. When customers travel outside of a 4G LTE coverage area, devices automatically connect to Verizon Wireless’ 3G network, enabling customers to stay connected from coast to coast. Verizon Wireless’ 3G network is the most reliable high-speed data network in the country and allows customers in 3G coverage areas who purchase 4G LTE devices today to take advantage of 4G LTE speeds when the faster network becomes available in their area, or when they travel to an area already covered by 4G LTE.

On Jan. 19, Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network will be available in 195 markets, including:

· Birmingham, Ala.

· Decatur, Ala.

· Huntsville, Ala.

· Mobile, Ala.

· Montgomery, Ala.

· Phoenix, Ariz.

· Tucson, Ariz.

· Fayetteville/Springdale/Rogers, Ark.

· Fort Smith, Ark.

· Jonesboro/Paragould, Ark.

· Little Rock, Ark.

· Bakersfield, Calif.

· Fresno, Calif.

· Los Angeles, Calif.

· Modesto, Calif.

· Oakland, Calif.

· Sacramento, Calif.

· Salinas/Monterey/Seaside, Calif.

· San Diego, Calif.

· San Francisco, Calif.

· San Jose, Calif.

· San Luis Obispo, Calif.

· Santa Barbara, Calif.

· Stockton, Calif.

· Colorado Springs, Colo.

· Denver, Colo.

· Fort Collins, Colo.

· Greater Fairfield and New Haven, Conn.

· Hartford, Conn.

· Dover, Del.

· Washington, D.C.

· Daytona, Fla.

· Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.

· Ft. Myers, Fla.

· Gainesville, Fla.

· Jacksonville, Fla.

· Lakeland, Fla.

· Miami, Fla.

· Orlando, Fla.

· Pensacola, Fla.

· Sarasota/Bradenton, Fla.

· Tallahassee, Fla.

· Tampa, Fla.

· West Palm Beach, Fla.

· Athens, Ga.

· Atlanta, Ga.

· Augusta, Ga.

· Savannah, Ga.

· Hilo, Hawaii

· Honolulu, Hawaii

· Kahului/Wailuku, Hawaii

· Lahaina, Hawaii

· Boise, Idaho

· Bloomington, Ill.

· Carbondale, Ill.

· Champaign/Urbana, Ill.

· Chicago, Ill.

· Rockford, Ill.

· Springfield, Ill.

· The Quad Cities, Ill./Iowa

· Bloomington/Bedford, Ind.

· Elkhart, Ind.

· Evansville, Ind.

· Fort Wayne, Ind.

· Indianapolis, Ind.

· Lafayette, Ind.

· South Bend/Mishawaka, Ind.

· Terre Haute, Ind.

· West Lafayette, Ind.

· Cedar Rapids, Iowa

· Des Moines, Iowa

· Iowa City, Iowa

· Sioux City, Iowa

· Wichita, Kan.

· Lexington, Ky.

· Louisville, Ky.

· Baton Rouge, La.

· Hammond, La.

· New Orleans, La.

· Shreveport, La.

· Baltimore, Md.

· Frederick, Md.

· Hagerstown, Md.

· Boston, Mass.

· Fitchburg/Leominster, Mass.

· Springfield, Mass.

· Worcester, Mass.

· Detroit, Mich.

· Flint, Mich.

· Grand Rapids, Mich.

· Kalamazoo, Mich.

· Lansing, Mich.

· Saginaw, Mich.

· Duluth, Minn.

· Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minn.

· The Rochester Area, Minn.

· St. Cloud, Minn.

· Starkville, Miss.

· Tupelo, Miss.

· Kansas City, Mo.

· Springfield/Branson, Mo.

· St. Louis, Mo.

· Lincoln, Neb.

· Omaha/Council Bluffs, Neb.

· Las Vegas, Nev.

· Reno, Nev.

· Manchester/Nashua, N.H.

· Albuquerque, N.M.

· Las Cruces, N.M.

· Santa Fe, N.M.

· Albany, N.Y.

· Buffalo, N.Y.

· Glens Falls, N.Y.

· Ithaca, N.Y.

· New York, N.Y.

· Orange County, N.Y.

· Poughkeepsie, N.Y.

· Rochester, N.Y.

· Syracuse, N.Y.

· Utica, N.Y.

· Asheville, N.C.

· Charlotte, N.C.

· Fayetteville/Lumberton, N.C.

· Greensboro/Winston Salem/High Point, N.C.

· Raleigh/Durham, N.C.

· Wilmington, N.C.

· Fargo, N.D.

· Akron, Ohio

· Canton, Ohio

· Cincinnati, Ohio

· Cleveland, Ohio

· Columbus, Ohio

· Dayton, Ohio

· Findlay/Tiffin, Ohio

· Lima, Ohio

· Mansfield, Ohio

· Toledo, Ohio

· Youngstown/Warren, Ohio

· Bartlesville, Okla.

· Lawton, Okla.

· Oklahoma City, Okla.

· Tulsa, Okla.

· Portland, Ore.

· Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, Pa.

· Altoona, Pa.

· Erie, Pa.

· Harrisburg, Pa.

· Indiana, Pa.

· Johnstown, Pa.

· Philadelphia, Pa.

· Pittsburgh, Pa.

· State College, Pa.

· Wilkes Barre/Scranton, Pa.

· Greater Providence, R.I.

· Charleston, S.C.

· Columbia, S.C.

· Greenville/Spartanburg, S.C.

· Hilton Head, S.C.

· Rapid City, S.D.

· Sioux Falls, S.D.

· Chattanooga, Tenn.

· Clarksville, Tenn./Hopkinsville, Ky.

· Cleveland, Tenn.

· Dyersburg/Union City, Tenn.

· Jackson, Tenn.

· Knoxville, Tenn.

· Martin, Tenn.

· Memphis, Tenn.

· Nashville, Tenn.

· Austin, Texas

· Beaumont/Port Arthur, Texas

· Brownsville, Texas

· Bryan/College Station, Texas

· Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas

· El Paso, Texas

· Houston, Texas

· McAllen, Texas

· San Antonio, Texas

· Temple/Killeen, Texas

· Wichita Falls, Texas

· Provo, Utah

· Salt Lake City, Utah

· Greater Hampton Roads, Va.

· Richmond, Va.

· Roanoke, Va.

· The Tri-Cities, Tenn./Va.

· Olympia, Wash.

· Seattle, Wash.

· Spokane, Wash.

· Tacoma, Wash.

· Charleston, W.Va.

· Appleton/Oshkosh, Wis.

· Green Bay, Wis.

· Madison, Wis.

· Milwaukee, Wis.

You had to put 2 line break codes in between? The page is long as heck. ;)

I thought when 4g Lte plan was first released that in 2012 the rollout was to cover interstates and major highways and cities within a 30 mile radius of said interstates and major highways. Not a big start toward that goal from this press release.:blink:

The 4G is Modesto, CA sucks. My wife's thunderbolt pulls about 4Mb down and .5Mb up. I've tested it in a bunch of different parts of Modesto and the speed is horrible. the upoad usually stalls and stops working.

I thought maybe it was just her phone, but she just got a replacement for a different reason and a new SIM card and its the same.

I'm in Utica NY....oddly this area has had some 4g since the Nexus released.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

When will I get it?

Verizon just sold out or handed over the last corporate store in my area (with the exception, and hour drive to Jonesboro, AR)....Back when it was Alltel, we were one of the first to get EVDO, each sizable town had a corporate store. Verizon has sold out all but the sorrriest, worst store they had. Fired people, not offering them relocation to other stores. *End rant* Anyway, when the corporate people where here, there was a group of them at one of the fancier bar/grill places around here, so I asked the friendliest looking one, he said VZ had closed a lot of corporate stores in Arkansas because Alltel had opened too many, and they were too costly to operate. I know that was just corporate BS junk, as they're just trying to save a nickel...asked him if the service would improve as there is no service when you get out of town, till you get close to the next town. He said they are going to put up a few new towers in the area over the next few months. I did see they were starting work on what appears to be a tower just outside of town, about the place the cell service starts to get kinda shoddy. Also noticed a new tower going up in Paragould, AR also in a location known to drop calls on Verizon. Not sure if either of these towers are going to be VZW, but if they close out our retail stores, the least they could do is fix some of the holes Alltel had in their network. More than two years after they take the network over.... (slight sarcasm)

Last thing, I asked this man, when will we get 4G? I live in Blytheville, AR...right on Interstate 55. He told me February or March at the latest. I live close enough to the cell tower in the middle of town, when the leaves fall in the winter, I can see it through the branches of the neighbors trees, so I always have full signal. The other night, at 11 on the dot, the service fell, to one bar, and there were networking trucks and a local electrician truck parked by the tower the next morning, men working out there, and 3G seems a little faster, more steady, and lower latency. Could is be? Is this what I should be seeing shortly before we get 4G? I'm in between Memphis and Jonesboro, I go a little west or east and have 4G. I want it here!!!

Back